Nugget Shooter

Got a bucket list silver....

• Like 7
  • well done 3

Nice walker Bill. Great job.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Bill! :party-smiley-027[1]:

• Thanks 1

Another great Video, and a Super find Bill , very nice.

• Thanks 1

Hey Bill nice find! I have found 6-7 of them over my lifetime of detecting since 1988. 2 of them fetched a pretty penny from the coin dealer I sold them to in NH back in the early 90's. Have never found one in AZ.

• Thanks 1

Nice chunk of silver!

• Thanks 1

Yeah I am Jazzed about that one, wish it wasn't been abused, but mine now :oregonian_winesmiley: and likely never another.

• Like 2

Bill;

I know that is hard ground, but...if you want to find coins without putting a nick in them you need better coin-digging technique....picking and scraping will not do..

please don't ask how I know!

fred

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2018 at 9:56 AM, fredmason said:

Bill;

I know that is hard ground, but...if you want to find coins without putting a nick in them you need better coin-digging technique....picking and scraping will not do..

fred

The damage to his silver half wasn't caused by his retrieval technique.  

His technique may need to be improved but none of his finds appear to have been nicked in any way. 

Great finds,  congratulations. 

• Like 1

It's been rumored that he has, on possibly more than one occasion, managed to unearth a gold nugget without nicking, scratching and banging it up. If that's true, I suspect he could very possibly do that with a large silver coin . . .

On 8/14/2018 at 7:56 AM, fredmason said:

Bill;

fred

Yeah Fred I center punched a 1913 dime with a pick years back and that sucked lol, I dig around them now and pop them up, the ground here is so hard one of the cheesy little digging tools folks use in parks etc. will not work and shovels either in many places. Like trying to dig in a concrete parking lot :barnie:

• Like 1

CY: I know that he didn't do that damage...

BMC: you assume he has not damaged a nugget...I know I have and I bet Bill has done so too.

Bill, I hear you, my friend...I really did not think you needed any mentoring...but, others might.  Somehow those coins are often right at the edge of the hole where scaping is easy...in parks a big hole is not the thing to do.  Where you are digging it is fine...

stirring things a bit

fred