Nugget Shooter Forums

Where In Arizona?

mcgator

While in Nebraska during the winter and couldn't go out digg'n, I was always doing research and finding places to go detecting. And in AZ since its to hot to go out, I do the same at times. For those who like doing research, see if you can find this spot. I've already found it and know where its at. The image is from a survey journal in 1899. Give it a try. :)

Cottonwood.jpg

Does look like a 5 acre mill site.  I seem to remember 20 acres being approximately 1220 X 600, so looks about 1/3 that size for a 5 acre mill claim.  Also looks like the edges are traced out with a compass the old fashion way.  Brings back memories.  Prior to worldwide satellite imagery readily being available, I used to do surveys like this.  Not for mines though.

When I have more time this weekend, I will try to find out exactly where it is.

Are you sure you don't want to make a vague poem where it could be located anywhere and get rid of the X on the treasure map?

30 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Does look like a 5 acre mill site.  I seem to remember 20 acres being approximately 1220 X 600, so looks about 1/3 that size for a 5 acre mill claim.  Also looks like the edges are traced out with a compass the old fashion way.  Brings back memories.  Prior to worldwide satellite imagery readily being available, I used to do surveys like this.  Not for mines though.

When I have more time this weekend, I will try to find out exactly where it is.

Are you sure you don't want to make a vague poem where it could be located anywhere and get rid of the X on the treasure map?

660'x1320' is the common 20 acre claim.😁

• Like 1

Morgan City? Found it on Google Earth, nevermind.

Edited by Edge

Believe Cottonwood creek feeds into the Aqua Fria Just south of the GIllette Ghost town by Black Canyon City.  Still going off memory, so my location could be as far off or more far off than my 20 acre claim dimensions.

1 hour ago, chrisski said:

Believe Cottonwood creek feeds into the Aqua Fria Just south of the GIllette Ghost town by Black Canyon City.  Still going off memory, so my location could be as far off or more far off than my 20 acre claim dimensions.

Could be. But this Cottonwood Creek was renamed later on but not sure when. This mill site is within 5 miles of Jackass Flats. There is a clue in the notes though.  :)

28 minutes ago, fishing8046 said:

Hey

Look at the handwriting....do any of you have handwriting that perfect...just sayin 

In today's age hand writing isn't important, no one hardly ever writes by hand much anymore.....hand writing had to be legiable back in those days, it was mostly the only way to relay information and it had to be precise! 

1 hour ago, Au Seeker said:

In today's age hand writing isn't important, no one hardly ever writes by hand much anymore.....hand writing had to be legiable back in those days, it was mostly the only way to relay information and it had to be precise! 

Other than this forum, do all my writing by hand, red ink without any corporate  capital letters. No response by a certain date they are liable for any loss, fraud. In the pass three months have recovered money from the VA that they deducted from my SS check. 

By president-ryder estate seal with right thumb print.

Now will go after some bigger fish, 

43 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

do all my writing by hand, red ink without any corporate  capital letters. No response by a certain date they are liable for any loss, fraud.

What in the hell are you talking about!!?

• Haha 4

All machine written letters are artificial or fictitious. Red ink writing by hand with out corporate dead capital letters, red is life and can not be artificial or fictitious. Simple and effective, truth is simple.

14 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

All machine written letters are artificial or fictitious. Red ink writing by hand with out corporate dead capital letters, red is life and can not be artificial or fictitious. Simple and effective, truth is simple.

Boy , I`m sure glad you cleared that up.....I was really confused for a minute

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gotta admit I'm stumped.  I found within 5 miles of JA flats four areas with special surveys that were oriented SW to NE, but when I zoomed in on the imagery, it was a bust. One of them on Clay's link was highlighted Green, but did not match the map.

12 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Gotta admit I'm stumped.  I found within 5 miles of JA flats four areas with special surveys that were oriented SW to NE, but when I zoomed in on the imagery, it was a bust. One of them on Clay's link was highlighted Green, but did not match the map.

Find the USLM 1345. Its still on topo maps. Hence the number of the survey and the Location Monument. :) Also Cottonwood Creek is named differently now.

I found it thanks to the hints.  Had always thought the 1345 meant elevation. Never knew there was a numbering system.  Found no evidence of the wagon trail or the buildings on the survey from google maps.

Had been within 2 miles of that looking at a claim.  A lot of open, unclaimed land in the section I was in, but found no gold detecting.

49 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I found it thanks to the hints.  Had always thought the 1345 meant elevation. Never knew there was a numbering system.  Found no evidence of the wagon trail or the buildings on the survey from google maps.

Had been within 2 miles of that looking at a claim.  A lot of open, unclaimed land in the section I was in, but found no gold detecting.

Very Cool! Glad you found it. Those uslm are usually in reference to a survey. Alaska is a bit different.