Nugget Shooter Forums
Bedrock Bob

"Clay talks about fires and stuff"!!!

7 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I find it amazing how perfectly north/south the ridges and valleys are oriented in that part of Az.

You can thank Aerolite for that.

• Like 2

I remember those old relief maps from school! I would hang one on my wall without hesitation.

These were taken in the Blue Mountain area, on the road between Alpine and Clifton.  I was only there briefly... but I want to go back.

20160430_125744.jpg

20160430_142712.jpg

20160430_142834.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome photos as always Dave!

Man this is my stomping grounds. The high ridge on the drawing in the center photo are the sierras of New Mexico. Right in the middle you will see WS Mountain labeled. That is where I often pitch my tent. The high ridge in the background is the Mogollon with Whitewater Baldy in the center. That is pretty much sacred ground for any New Mexican.

There is a dirt road that traverses those mountians from just north of  where you took that photo to a little village called San Francisco Plaza in New Mexico. I tis at the foot of the monster Mogollons. Upon that road I wrote the story of my younger days. This is the country that inspired Aldo Leopold to write, Ben Lilley to hunt and Nana to fight.

From Clifton you can head toward Silver City over the San Francisco Ridge. There is a little ranch with a postal code called Mule Creek. The area south of there all the way to the Mexican border is one of the most remote and wildest places on earth. Much to be found and a lot of adventure in that area. There is just no people there to speak of.

• Like 1

It's beautiful country. I can see why you spent time up there.

You're right about it being mostly empty of people. I saw very little traffic.

My girlfriend wants to buy some property in the Alpine area. She is a Phoenix native and has never experienced a real mountain winter...she is going to be in for a rude awakening. :inocent:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Buy her a ten foot boat and a trolling motor and move to Alpine! Absolutely! Get her a good 30-06 with a scope and a couple pack mules too. And by all means she needs a well insulated camper and a good 4wd. She will be perfectly happy there! One of you needs an address in Reserve so you can hunt in New Mexico so plan on parking the new camper over the hill on the San Francisco.

Do you realize how many lakes there are in that area? We are talking dozens buddy! It could take a guy (er, gal) several years to just see every one of them. And there is no better elk and deer hunting in North America...bar none. It is a sportsman's paradise for sure. And big gold that virtually no small prospectors like us have ever investigated much. A couple of the richest deposits on the planet that have been completely under corporate control since before the turn of the century. No one has ever prospected for placer electronically at all. And the likelihood of huge chunks are almost 100%.

She could really find herself a gold mine in there Dave. Get her a good detector and an impact mill before you pack her up and move.

Did I mention four perfect seasons? She will love it!

Getting the plane off the ground with an 8000 feet deck and over the Matterhorns might be a trick but you will adapt I am sure.... Maybe a Pratt and Whitney turbo jet? Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque are only an hour away!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please pass the :pop::old: Did someone say KAYAKS? Tandems ...  we call them Divorce Kayaks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Buy her a ten foot boat and a trolling motor and move to Alpine! Absolutely! Get her a good 30-06 with a scope and a couple pack mules too. And by all means she needs a well insulated camper and a good 4wd. She will be perfectly happy there! One of you needs an address in Reserve so you can hunt in New Mexico so plan on parking the new camper over the hill on the San Francisco.

Do you realize how many lakes there are in that area? We are talking dozens buddy! It could take a guy (er, gal) several years to just see every one of them. And there is no better elk and deer hunting in North America...bar none. It is a sportsman's paradise for sure. And big gold that virtually no small prospectors like us have ever investigated much. A couple of the richest deposits on the planet that have been completely under corporate control since before the turn of the century. No one has ever prospected for placer electronically at all. And the likelihood of huge chunks are almost 100%.

She could really find herself a gold mine in there Dave. Get her a good detector and an impact mill before you pack her up and move.

Did I mention four perfect seasons? She will love it!

Getting the plane off the ground with an 8000 feet deck and over the Matterhorns might be a trick but you will adapt I am sure.... Maybe a Pratt and Whitney turbo jet? Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque are only an hour away!

We'll have to wait and see if we can stand each other that long...:25r30wi:

It would be nice to get back somewhere the hunting is good. I haven't been since I moved to Arizona. All the rifle hunts are draw only here and it can take years of applying in the lottery to win a tag. That is definitely something I miss about Alaska.

I like the area. We had planned on going back up there a couple of weekends ago, but the specter of insufficient funds raised it's ugly head. Hopefully when she gets time off during fall break(she works for a local school district)...we can shoot back up there and explore.

I'm afraid you're right on the airplane. I don't think the little half VW will do it. I'd have to either design a turbo setup for it, or just pull the 1/2 veedub off and replace it with a 2 stroke Rotax.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

We'll have to wait and see if we can stand each other that long...:25r30wi:

It would be nice to get back somewhere the hunting is good. I haven't been since I moved to Arizona. All the rifle hunts are draw only here and it can take years of applying in the lottery to win a tag. That is definitely something I miss about Alaska.

I like the area. We had planned on going back up there a couple of weekends ago, but the specter of insufficient funds raised it's ugly head. Hopefully when she gets time off during fall break(she works for a local school district)...we can shoot back up there and explore.

I'm afraid you're right on the airplane. I don't think the little half VW will do it. I'd have to either design a turbo setup for it, or just pull the 1/2 veedub off and replace it with a 2 stroke Rotax.

That is just too much reality Dave. I pay good money to keep that sh!t from creeping up on me. Since we can make this story any way we want it how about this?

You were identified a year ago as prime material for a reality show. They have been filming you for months without your knowledge. Tomorrow Bam Margera is going to jump out, kick you in the peaches and hand you a check for a million bucks. Then you will receive a call from Phelps Dodge needing a guy to update claims along the Az/NM border. It pays $60 per hour plus per-diem and you will work three days a week reporting back to the office in Phoenix via the internet. Your company truck and credit card is waiting in Morenci.

In no more than six months your sweetie will inherit a fortune from a rich uncle she never knew existed. She will decide to buy herself some giant silicone chachabingos and invest in a successful micro-brewery in Phoenix. That will take up most of her time and when she breaks away from her rewarding and fulfilling business she will be happy, horny and ready to go to the mountains. She will bring growlers of beer from her brewery. Her bottom will be like a big round apple from evenings doing Zumba with the girls and she will smell like vanilla.

Then you can strap a thousand horsepower  Pratt and Whitney turboprop on the Sparrow Hawk. You will be able to take off and land vertically on the stabilizer. You can move to Alpine and hunt elk every day, ride horses, fish and find big gold. You and your sweetie will live happily ever after swinging in a hammock under the pine trees at about 6800 feet, taking about how to spend all that money. You will never age, never get sick or ugly, and her feet will never stink no matter how many days in a row she fishes. Yours will.

In all seriousness Dave, you don't need a license to hunt with me. New Mexico has different game laws and I can take a guest hunting elk any day of the year except Wednesdays. So just grab your rifle and come on over!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I'm not gay Clay but it is flattering that you wondered about it. Thanks buddy! :rolleyes:

Well ... That's a bit revealing. I guess it's nice you "came out" as "not gay" but my query was about your preferred gender identity - not about what you do in your spare time. I could care less what you do with your girl/boy friend(s) or what you do with the monkey and the chicken after you are done.

I know you like a boat, call yourself Bob sometimes, have a child, bow with fish, have endless and amusing opinions about rocks, hunt other animals and live in New Mexico. All those things could be the likes and activities of either sex. Your avatar gives a slight indication that you like wet things but little else.

None of that tells me whether you prefer to be referenced as a dude or dudette. That was the question. I didn't mean to restrict your answer to strictly "dude or dudette" so don't get all dissembling on me. Your Cosby quotient isn't really at issue on this or any other forums I visit.

A simple boy/girl/man/woman gender hint would suffice. You are under no obligation to answer of course but it seems really unlike you to answer such a straight forward question with an off topic joke.

:4chsmu1:Either way it's nice to have you back.

Edited by clay
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, clay said:

Well ... That's a bit revealing. I guess it's nice you "came out" as "not gay" but my query was about your preferred gender identity - not about what you do in your spare time. I could care less what you do with your girl/boy friend(s) or what you do with the monkey and the chicken after you are done.

I know you like a boat, call yourself Bob sometimes, have a child, bow with fish, have endless and amusing opinions about rocks, hunt other animals and live in New Mexico. All those things could be the likes and activities of either sex. Your avatar gives a slight indication that you like wet things but little else.

None of that tells me whether you prefer to be referenced as a dude or dudette. That was the question. I didn't mean to restrict your answer to strictly "dude or dudette" so don't get all dissembling on me. Your Cosby quotient isn't really at issue on this or any other forums I visit.

A simple boy/girl/man/woman gender hint would suffice. You are under no obligation to answer of course but it seems really unlike you to answer such a straight forward question with an off topic joke.

:4chsmu1:Either way it's nice to have you back.

What you are trying to ask is "what is your pronoun?"!

You can call me mister, Clay. Hope that clears it up for you bro!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
You can take a crack at copper sulphide but wont hazard a guess at my gender identiy? Amazing!
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

You can call me mister, Clay. Hope that clears it up for you bro!

Ha!  I was thinking about trying to sell a pronoun or two to some of the natives.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

Ha!  I was thinking about trying to sell a pronoun or two to some of the natives.

Natives of where? Are pronouns a hot commodity in the Navajo community? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

You can call me mister Clay. Hope that clears it up for you bro!

OK mister Clay it is. Not sure that clears up the gender thing but whatever floats your weasel. I'm thinking it's probably a little derivative but it's not like I own the name Clay Diggins tm or anything. :rolleyes:

You can take a crack at copper sulphide but wont hazard a guess at my gender identiy? Amazing!

I lived in the Castro for some years. I learned guessing someones sex is futile and ultimately embarrassing to the questioner. It's kind of a non-no in mixed company these days and I think this forum is definitely mixed company. Better just to ask up front if you dare. I dare. Sorry that was so confusing for you.

Saul:

Do natives buy pronouns? What's the going rate? Do you accept food stamps or phone cards in partial payment? Do I get a discount if I choose an old overused pronoun?

p.s. -  mister is in all cases a noun

• Like 2

Misters ain't what they're lacking, but I is in short supply.  I'll gladly give them away at cost.  Sometimes a single letter makes all the difference between gibberish and (semi)rational discourse.

Speaking of weasels check out this little stoat's new ride.

WeaselWood.jpg

16 minutes ago, clay said:

OK mister Clay it is. Not sure that clears up the gender thing but whatever floats your weasel. I'm thinking it's probably a little derivative but it's not like I own the name Clay Diggins tm or anything. :rolleyes:

I lived in the Castro for some years. I learned guessing someones sex is futile and ultimately embarrassing to the questioner. It's kind of a non-no in mixed company these days and I think this forum is definitely mixed company. Better just to ask up front if you dare. I dare. Sorry that was so confusing for you.

Saul:

Do natives buy pronouns? What's the going rate? Do you accept food stamps or phone cards in partial payment? Do I get a discount if I choose an old overused pronoun?

p.s. -  mister is in all cases a noun

Honestly Clay. You are either going to have to take my word for it or I am sending you a dic pic. If I haven't cleared up your gender questions yet then gender is not the question. 

Having to guess someone's sex is futile only if you can't sort it out otherwise. Most animals have instinctive goodies that take care of that for them. Some need for you to spell it out for them and I am surprised it turned out to be you.

It is creepy bro. Really creepy. But there it is just like balls on a cat... You got no gaydar bro. Your noodle detector is broken.

Could be a decreasing testosterone level due to age. I have heard vitamin B12 and rinocerous horn will take care of that.:rolleyes:

Skip. I request you change the name of the topic to "Clay talks about fires and expresses his interests in Bedrock Bob's sexuality". 

Posted (edited)

Here is the photo that you keep asking me for Clay. I will quit making you hint around about it. I don't want to know why you keep asking me for it and I don't want to know how happy this made you. Please use lotion and don't put it on your screen saver (the photo or the lotion).

I have two excuses for photos. Deer and fish. Here is a limit (40) of white bass caught February 1 on the Rio Puerco just west of Belen...It is the same one that is on my profile but more visible. Sexy, no? Those fish are heavy and my pecs are just bulging!

fish.jpg

Here is my annual deer pic. This is in the Eddy Mts. near Jal, New Mexico. Is that my Savage 30-06 or is that my p3n!s? You can zoom the photo in private and see for yourself!

bob.jpg

So now you know for sure Clay. You have proof and a sworn Truth Affidavit signed by the Postmaster General acknowledging I am a male of the species and I stand at the urinal right next to guys like you. Sometimes our elbows even touch. Exciting huh? :D

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Honestly Clay. You are either going to have to take my word for it or I am sending you a dic pic. If I haven't cleared up your gender questions yet then gender is not the question. 

Having to guess someone's sex is futile only if you can't sort it out otherwise. Most animals have instinctive goodies that take care of that for them. Some need for you to spell it out for them and I am surprised it turned out to be you.

It is creepy bro. Really creepy. But there it is just like balls on a cat... You got no gaydar bro. Your noodle detector is broken.

Could be a decreasing testosterone level due to age. I have heard vitamin B12 and rinocerous horn will take care of that.:rolleyes:

Skip. I request you change the name of the topic to "Clay talks about fires and expresses his interests in Bedrock Bob's sexuality". 

Sorry no can do without permission from the new topic owner, eerr Clay what do you say?? :idunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

So just grab your rifle and come on over!

Hopefully one day. :)

My rifle is sitting forlorn in the corner with cobwebs growing on it. :41:

• Sad 1

That's too bad. You need to hunt brother!

I'm pretty lucky to be able to hunt and fish as much as I do. I have to make some really tough priority choices to do that though. I'm able to live just a step above a dog and play most of the time. I am not really making enough to survive but it will take me years to actually starve. So for now the drinks are on me!

Turkey season is September. We should meet for a hunt on the border just southeast of Blue. The Pueblo Park area at the WS Mountain trailhead. About 50 miles east from where you snapped that picture. We can shoot turkey and relax. Caliche Chris and his new soul mate will be there.

All you need is a blanket and a change of socks. I will have the rest.

Damned good rockhounding there and the turkeys walk up and peck the leather off your steel toes if you will stand still for it. There will be smoked meat and lots of fresh chile. Nights will be in the 40's. Bring your friends. It'll rock!

• Like 2

Bob,

Think the NM fuzz would pull me over for driving this? I don't know the laws over there. It's street legal here. :)

20180717_054352.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ArcticDave said:

Bob,

Think the NM fuzz would pull me over for driving this? I don't know the laws over there. It's street legal here. :)

20180717_054352.jpg

Dave we don't pay much attention to laws here. We never have. The cops don't take them too seriously either most of the time. 

I have a plate on my Land Cruiser that expired in 1998. I drive it all the time. 

Looks like fun! It'll get cold up here at night though. Wear your wool. 

Is that a half VW or a full one?:)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Sorry no can do without permission from the new topic owner, eerr Clay what do you say?? :idunno:

I think he is embarrassed Skip. Either that or he is locked in his study looking at my photos. 

Either way the title of the thread is fine. We have moved on from my sexuality and are having a nice general discussion. Notice how informational and child friendly it has become. I am working on my halo and arctic Dave is teaching me a few notes on the harp.

Clay is welcome to join us as soon as he gets over how muscular and good looking I am. He already knows I am smart as a whip and a force to be reckoned with. I imagine he is dealing with a lot right now.

When his blood pressure returns to normal I will post a photo of the 1/2 ounce nugget I found this spring and get him all lathered up again. It'll be a hoot! 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Haha 2