Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Uakitite, newly discovered space mineral


Recommended Posts

Jimale,

That is very obviously a volcanic extrusive with  quartz nodules. You can plainly see the silica crystallization. There is even a broken one right up front and center. It is a product of an oxygen rich reaction in formation. That is the classic earth rock. 

Those little quartz nodules are like eggs and will free themselves from the basalt easily. You can make earrings out of them and sell them on Etsy. I do!

Your photo is better. It is plenty clear enough for me to tell you why this lava did not come from space. Let's discuss those traits over in the rock forum! Not here!

I am asking you to seriously consider how you are treating other member's space. This is not the thread to post your photos.

Please have some respect brother! Post your rocks on your own thread! Don't hijack the posts of people who are willing to talk with you!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
It was polite and respectful bro. You should honor that.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, clay said:

OK I was wrong. You can wipe your friends on your saddle.

Proof of petrified saddle boogers!

The middle fork of the Gila River has big overhanging cliffs of this rock. There are drystack walls and tee shaped doors and a whole cliff dwelling running along a big overhang up a side canyon. The entire hillside below are these quartz castings that fell out of the basalt matrix. Many are hollow and will float. Super sweet dendritic patterns on some. Those Mogollons must have enjoyed living in the cave with all the pretty little bird egg looking stones covering the ground. 

I think they are petrified prospector hemorrhoids. 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Probably no uakitite in it tho.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The middle fork of the Gila River has big overhanging cliffs of this rock. There are drystack walls and tee shaped doors and a whole cliff dwelling running along a big overhang up a side canyon. The entire hillside below are these quartz castings that fell out of the basalt matrix. Many are hollow and will float. Super sweet dendritic patterns on some. Those Mogollons must have enjoyed living in the cave with all the pretty little bird egg looking stones covering the ground. 

I think they are petrified prospector hemorrhoids. 

Right now you wasting your time, you should be there, who knows the river and the cliff were created as a result of a prehistoric meteor strike.

Uakite is rare mineral but resembles osbornite found in other meteorites, therefore, if you want to see the pink sheen, you can see in pallasite,  what i posted is a grey grain size mineral that given a pink sheen in a reflected light.

DSC01723-1-1-1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, you are correct. Right now I am wasting my time with you and your posts. I am hoping to make you see that you really need to give other members respect when they start a topic. This has nothing to do with meteorites. This is about your behavior. 

Let members post and discuss the topics they want to introduce. Stop trying to make every thread about you and your rocks. You can post whatever you want in your own threads. Leave others alone when they want to discuss other things. I insist!

 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Can you just feel the love?
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2018 at 1:33 PM, Saul R W said:

 

I have no Idea how this post got here.   Something jumpped.

Edited by homefire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2018 at 1:33 PM, Saul R W said:

Also, he does business with Red China.  Buys batteries from them, even.

On 8/6/2018 at 1:33 PM, Saul R W said:

Also, he does business with Red China.  Buys batteries from them, even.

Nope !  These came from Pennsylvania.   I guess LG and SamSung may have had the Chicoms make them.   The guy buys up all sorts of stuff carrying 18650 Cells.  Dissects it and flogs the batteries.  He sells Butt Loads of the things.  If you find a deal you like ya have to jump on it.  They'll be history in a few days.  

https://www.ebay.com/str/tomhasgooddeals?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, homefire said:

Nope !  These came from Pennsylvania.   I guess LG and SamSung may have had the Chicoms make them.   The guy buys up all sorts of stuff carrying 18650 Cells.  Dissects it and flogs the batteries.  He sells Butt Loads of the things.  If you find a deal you like ya have to jump on it.  They'll be history in a few days.  

https://www.ebay.com/str/tomhasgooddeals?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Ever since I read your battery thread, I've been imaging uses for them.  We've come a long way, baby, since the dry cells we all knew as kids. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...