Nugget Shooter Forums
LukeJ

Just some average Arizona gold

Hey all !!  :)

I just thought I would make a post and show some gold that I found :head: over the last couple years.  It's not all of it and some was bigger, but this is 'average gold'.  I say that because if you are looking for gold with a detector, this is the size that you may find, on average.  At least that's how it's been for me.  I'll post two pics.  The lighting was different and brings out more character.

So here's some eye candy to raise everyone's fever a notch or two.  20 grams of Central Arizona gold.

Enjoy !!

Luke

20180412_082225 (2).jpg

20180412_082337 (2).jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1
  • wow 1

Gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing.  

Patrick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome stuff Luke.

• Thanks 1

Great stuff Luke....and I know what went into finding each piece....a LOT of work. :)
Your goot! :worship:

Tom H.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate the replies fellas. 

But there's certainly no need to 'bow' to me.  :idunno:  I'm just a mere mortal.  :Diggin_a_hole:  

Truth is, I sold this gold a couple months back to fund another 'project'.  If you look on the Gold Rush Nuggets website you can see them again.  The angular piece just below Lincoln's right shoulder is also able to be seen on the GRN site so you know which group were mine.

I probably spent too much time in the Meteor-maybe forum today and I thought I should get back to what brought me here in the first place.  Things have been kinda 'slow' in the detecting for gold forum for the same reason every year.  I thought I would try to help and 'kick things off' and get everybody excited about getting out in the coming months and finding some gold.

So get out there and find some gold.

:D

• Like 6

Very nice gold Luke. Looks familiar. :D

• Haha 1

Luke

Very well done. You have definitely eliminated the learning curve.

I would really like to know what the project you are funding? 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Hey all !!  :)

I just thought I would make a post and show some gold that I found :head: over the last couple years.  It's not all of it and some was bigger, but this is 'average gold'.  I say that because if you are looking for gold with a detector, this is the size that you may find, on average.  At least that's how it's been for me.  I'll post two pics.  The lighting was different and brings out more character.

So here's some eye candy to raise everyone's fever a notch or two.  20 grams of Central Arizona gold.

Enjoy !!

Luke

20180412_082225 (2).jpg

20180412_082337 (2).jpg

What detector are you using?

1 hour ago, adam said:

I really like gold.

Me too.  :brows:

30 minutes ago, DesertRatPatriot said:

What detector are you using?

Mostly the SDC2300.  A few of the nuggets pictured were found with a VLF, either GoldRacer (sold it) or GoldMaster (still use it) and a few were found with a GPX.

4 minutes ago, fishing8046 said:

Come on what project?

Oh Bob...   I was trying to pretend I didn't see your request.  :shhhhh:

Mostly because when Woody's Mods are mentioned it tends to cause a controversy.

Long story short.  I traded my Eq800 straight across for a GPX4000 in June.  I sold some gold and a bunch of redundant metal detecting accessories I had accumulated and now I have a modded 4000.

I've been out a few times with the 4000.  It's been hot so things should get more interesting once it cools down.  I've found a couple nuggets with the 4000.  A  .7g around 4 inches deep.  Nothing special.  And a .1g about 4 inches deep, measured with my scoop.  Which is a little more interesting.

The main thing about the mods is that they allow for a more versatile detector.  I can put on a small coil and tune it so it will be comparable to an SDC, or I can put on a large coil and tune it to go deep and find bigger stuff.  Arizona doesn't have a lot of deep ground so I've been experimenting with an 11" coil and going over ground I've been over before.  I don't expect a bunch of gold to jump out of the ground.  I was just very curious about the mods and found a way to make it happen.  Stay tuned.  :D

Luke

20180617_110754 (2)#415_4000.jpg

20180708_110414 (2)#416_4000.jpg

• Like 5

Nice Luke, I'd run a detector modded by Woody. Makin me jealous dude.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Nice Luke, I'd run a detector modded by Woody. Makin me jealous dude.

Maybe you'll get the chance.  :brows:

• Like 1

Yep nice indeed and I really liked the one you had with you this last weekend with the natural holes in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1