Nugget Shooter Forums
Jimale

What types H5 or?

Hallo everyone,

Some members are getting confused, with all the unclassified space rocks am posting on the forum, am also wondering if am overdoing it, or members have àlready exhausted sharing  what they have. 

On the other hand, with such a big numbers of space rocks recovered. Yet, not represented all on the internet for one to learn,I mean (photos) do you think people are trying to be selfish?.

For me, I cover an area of 55,864.6kmsq to collect meteorites,and I feel sharing them is an obligation, and for others it's a  amusement time!  Since its a weekend you can enjoy ,Just a joke.

I did file a window on the rock, it's heavy, attracts magnet, visible metal flecks and shock vein 

DSC01747-1-1.jpg

DSC01758-1-1-1.jpg

DSC01752-1.jpg

Not a meteorite. Do you really think a meteorite would look like a flat brick.

• Like 1

Jimale,

Didn't you show this brick before?  It looks like a layered sedimentary rock . Being magnetic is not a good indicator that it is a meteorite. There are 100,000,000's of magnetic rocks in Kenya none of which are meteorites.

billpeters

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Not a meteorite. Do you really think a meteorite would look like a flat brick.

Some can even look like a loaf of bread.

DSC01788-1-1.jpg

That isn't a meteorite! That is a brick of Moroccan hash brother!

Honestly Jimalito, you are a nice guy and you get an "e" for effort but... you just aren't finding meteorites. Get real man. We enjoy your photos and messing with you and all but this is just a game. And these are just rocks. All of em. And everyone including you know this. 

• Like 2

I also enjoy seeing some of the posts and learning about earth rocks but there are some other forums that are more suited for these rocks. 

I suppose you might be right Jimalito. They could look like a loaf of bread. But then it begs the question is it really a meteorite, or just a loaf of bread dreaming it is a meteorite? It becomes all a matter of perception. And my perception of this rock is that it is a giant fecolite coming straight outta Uranus at cosmic speeds. You can even see the shock vein in it.

• Like 1

The rock you show here exhibits one of the best traits to determine that a rock is not a meteorite. It is called foliation. It is caused by the earth's gravity during the formation of a rock. Even someone who did not know a thing about meteorites could tell that this was an earth rock because of the foliation. 

Your "shock vein" is called foliation. It is layered. And space rocks don't do that Jimalito. Neither does a loaf of bread. At some point you are going to have to get science man! Learn your stuff!

I give this little nugget of knowledge to you because you have heart and not knowledge. Please respect that. Unless you learn to recognize the basic traits of earth rocks you will never be able to differentiate meteorites from them.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Cuz skool is real gud man

13 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The rock you show here exhibits one of the best traits to determine that a rock is not a meteorite. It is called foliation. It is caused by the earth's gravity during the formation of a rock. Even someone who did not know a thing about meteorites could tell that this was an earth rock because of the foliation. 

Your "shock vein" is called foliation. It is layered. And space rocks don't do that Jimalito. Neither does a loaf of bread. At some point you are going to have to get science man! Learn your stuff!

I give this little nugget of knowledge to you because you have heart and not knowledge. Please respect that. Unless you learn to recognize the basic traits of earth rocks you will never be able to differentiate meteorites from them.

Wodu bob,

Are you seeing any mineral filled in the veins, or is it your biased laden lens that see, what I don't see?  

Whatever grade you award, I have no problem, but please try to explore more. I collect  real gem.

DSC01723-1-1-1.jpg

DSC01737-1-1.jpg

DSC01701-1-1-1.jpg

DSC01704-1-1-1.jpg

DSC01715-1-1.jpg

DSC01524-2-1.jpg

Jimale, It is clear how much interest you have with meteorites. It also seems you have a fever for the flavor of the most exotic and hard to identify meteorites. Have you tried to buy some irons and chondrites on e-bay? Maybe invest in some and you can make windows in the chondrites and maybe try to etch an iron. Get your hands on some real meteorites and they will help you when it comes to identifying your finds. I should have asked in the first place if you already have a meteorite that you have not found yourself and can be proven to be authentic, if so what kind? Keep up your passion man. 

• Like 3

Oh boy! More rocks!

Keep 'em coming Jimalito! If this is the only game you want to play then we shall play it!

Carry on.

Wodu Bob

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Pimp wisdom in action
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hardtimehermit said:

Jimale, It is clear how much interest you have with meteorites. It also seems you have a fever for the flavor of the most exotic and hard to identify meteorites. Have you tried to buy some irons and chondrites on e-bay? Maybe invest in some and you can make windows in the chondrites and maybe try to etch an iron. Get your hands on some real meteorites and they will help you when it comes to identifying your finds. I should have asked in the first place if you already have a meteorite that you have not found yourself and can be proven to be authentic, if so what kind? Keep up your passion man. 

Lets send him a little Campo! We should take up a collection for a thumb sized Campo and shipping to Kenya. Maybe include a copy of "Rocks From Space" and a plastic lens to fit over his camera.

This guy is fired up and is like a bottle rocket without a stick. We obviously are not going to stop him form posting flagstone. We may as well try to harness that energy and direct it toward suspect rocks. Maybe we will at least get photos of meteor wrongs instead of construction material. 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Lets send him a little Campo! We should take up a collection for a thumb sized Campo and shipping to Kenya. Maybe include a copy of "Rocks From Space" and a plastic lens to fit over his camera.

This guy is fired up and is like a bottle rocket without a stick. We obviously are not going to stop him form posting flagstone. We may as well try to harness that energy and direct it toward suspect rocks. Maybe we will at least get meteor wrongs instead of construction material. 

Wodu Bob, i am loving your pimp wisdom and humor ......:4chsmu1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am still waiting to hear, all those kilometers you cove chasing these space turds is it on a Camel with 1 hump OR 2 ?
Which do you use ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, frank c said:

I am still waiting to hear, all those kilometers you cove chasing these space turds is it on a Camel with 1 hump OR 2 ?
Which do you use ?

Frank,

I use this little puppy to cover the distance. LoL

20180805_141020-2.jpg

DSC01735-1-1.jpg

20180805_141830-1-1.jpg

Edited by Jimale
Spelling

That is not a puppy Jimalito. Nor is it a meteorite.

puppy.jpg

This is a puppy.

He is identified by his physical characteristics just like a meteorite. He is differentiated from a kitten by comparing his physical characteristics with that of a kitten. Just like comparing an earth rock to a meteorite.

This puppy is obviously from Mars. He has a soft silky fusion crust and he is oriented. If you pet him backwards you will see what I mean. He has one stinky regmaglypt in the rear and big sad eyes. If you roll him over he will have freckles on his belly. That is a sure sign of a puppy. Meteorites never have freckles on their belly. 

Compare this with your photo of the puppy. Now compare the photos of the earth rocks you found with meteorites and use the same reasoning and logic. Within a short period of time you will be able to tell the difference just like with the puppy. 

More pimp wisdom for you Jimale! 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Pimping wisdom across the continents
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you tell me what breed this puppy is?

DSCN0374.JPG

Here is his belly. No freckles. That does not prove he is a meteorite. It does prove it is not a puppy. So if it is not a puppy then what is it? You tell us Jimalito!

DSCN0375.JPG

Edited by Bedrock Bob
We must counteract the flagstone somehow. We can only drive the demon out by posting real meteorites.
  • Like 1
  • well done 1

18 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

We must counteract the flagstone somehow. We can only drive the demon out by posting real meteorites.

Or...  we could all agree to not respond to posts of pictures that are 'obviously' not meteorites.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Can you tell me what breed this puppy is?

DSCN0374.JPG

Here is his belly. No freckles. That does not prove he is a meteorite. It does prove it is not a puppy. So if it is not a puppy then what is it? You tell us Jimalito!

DSCN0375.JPG

Wodu.

My karma is beyond collecting such type! 

If you can't convince them, confuse them

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Or...  we could all agree to not respond to posts of pictures that are 'obviously' not meteorites.

Yeah, but what is the fun in that?

Discussing why obvious filed stones are not meteorites teaches us all. We define what it is about the rock that makes us reject it and we reinforce these observations. Defining these observations are good for everyone, even if you are an old hand at it. It makes us think about why we reject these rocks in the face of young impetuosity. We go back to the foundational principles and reinforce them. 

I like discussing meteorites with someone convinced they have found one (or twenty). I think it expands my world in a way that research or hunting fails. But that is just me because I enjoy that type of interaction and banter. 

Once someone posts freaking siltstone as a meteorite something must be done to drive out bad juju. It is sick and wrong. The pallasite was the best mojo I had. 

BTW you did not say sh!t about the Glorieta and I am personally hurt and offended. If you can look at that photo siting there on that topo map and not get goose bumps then you have no soul at all. It took a thousand hours over the coil to find that patch and that lump of steel is just about as rare as it gets. That item represents a really BIG adventure and a huge personal accomplishment. I tried my best to educate and excite with it after looking at a slab of ugly mud. Throw me a freaking bone here dude! :)

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Pearls beofre swine I tell you ....
  • Like 2
  • well done 1

30 minutes ago, Jimale said:

Wodu.

My karma is beyond collecting such type! 

If you can't convince them, confuse them

So you don't even pick this type up huh? Your karma is beyond that. You just leave them there on the ground while you search for slabs of mudstone to post here! :25r30wi:

...And you think we are confused? :25r30wi:

You are a character Jimale! I will give you that!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Pimp wisdom has produced pimp knowledge. Whooda thunk it?
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

So you don't even pick this type up huh? Your karma is beyond that. You just leave them there on the ground while you search for slabs of mudstone to post here! :25r30wi:

...And you think we are confused? :25r30wi:

You are a character Jimale! I will give you that!

Bob,

Let us do some experiment, a simple  one again to prove I don't collect slabs , but a genuine dead stars and fragments.

DSC01798-1-1-1-1.jpg

4 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Yeah, but what is the fun in that?

Discussing why obvious filed stones are not meteorites teaches us all. We define what it is about the rock that makes us reject it and we reinforce these observations. Defining these observations are good for everyone, even if you are an old hand at it. It makes us think about why we reject these rocks in the face of young impetuosity. We go back to the foundational principles and reinforce them. 

I like discussing meteorites with someone convinced they have found one (or twenty). I think it expands my world in a way that research or hunting fails. But that is just me because I enjoy that type of interaction and banter. 

Once someone posts freaking siltstone as a meteorite something must be done to drive out bad juju. It is sick and wrong. The pallasite was the best mojo I had. 

BTW you did not say sh!t about the Glorieta and I am personally hurt and offended. If you can look at that photo siting there on that topo map and not get goose bumps then you have no soul at all. It took a thousand hours over the coil to find that patch and that lump of steel is just about as rare as it gets. That item represents a really BIG adventure and a huge personal accomplishment. I tried my best to educate and excite with it after looking at a slab of ugly mud. Throw me a freaking bone here dude! :)

BB,

Please don't get me wrong.  I admire your intellect and ability to craft the English language.  Your space rock is impressive as well.  I have no clue as to what kind of meteorite it is, but it looks much more like one than the OP's pictures above.  I don't personally have much interest in looking for or collecting meteorites, which is why I rarely comment in this forum.  I have learned quite a bit though.  Enough to know when a specimen shows some characteristics or not.  I also appreciate your willingness to take your time to try to educate the rest of us.  That goes for the other 'experts' ( people with above average knowledge on this particular subject ) on this forum as well.  My comment was made in reference to a previous thread where internet trolls were being discussed.  They feed off of attention and I feel as if this one receives plenty.  I sincerely hope he one day finds what he's looking for, whether he recognizes it or not.  Most times though, I feel I could post better pictures of 'cool looking' rocks that seemed out of place from where they were found.  The African continent is a huge place and certainly almost every type of geology can be found there.  It is also the place where humans have inhabited for the longest time.  I can easily imagine a scenario where a member of a nomadic tribe picked up and carried a 'cool looking' rock for a hundred miles or more before losing interest and tossing it along the trail.  Not saying that this is the case every time, but just saying a rock is from space because is doesn't match the surrounding rocks is dumb.  Furthermore, the OP comes to this forum continually asking for opinions and then disregards any opinion that doesn't match his own.  Does he know or talk with any local 'experts'?  Does he put any effort into the scientific process other than posting several bad pictures?  It's lazy to say the least.  I could go on and on, but I think I made my position known.

Carry on.  Much respect to those who continue to have the patience to attempt to teach someone who thinks he knows it all.  Even though he keeps coming here for 'help'.

Good Luck !!

Luke

Edited by LukeJ
LMAO
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, LukeJ said:

BB,

Please don't get me wrong.  I admire your intellect and ability to craft the English language.  Your space rock is impressive as well.  I have no clue as to what kind of meteorite it is, but it looks much more like one than the OP's pictures above.  I don't personally have much interest in looking for or collecting meteorites, which is why I rarely comment in this forum.  I have learned quite a bit though.  Enough to know when a specimen shows some characteristics or not.  I also appreciate your willingness to take your time to try to educate the rest of us.  That goes for the other 'experts' ( people with above average knowledge on this particular subject ) on this forum as well.  My comment was made in reference to a previous thread where internet trolls were being discussed.  They feed off of attention and I feel as if this one receives plenty.  I sincerely hope he one day finds what he's looking for, whether he recognizes it or not.  Most times though, I feel I could post better pictures of 'cool looking' rocks that seemed out of place from where they were found.  The African continent is a huge place and certainly almost every type of geology can be found there.  It is also the place where humans have inhabited for the longest time.  I can easily imagine a scenario where a member of a nomadic tribe picked up and carried a 'cool looking' rock for a hundred miles or more before losing interest and tossing it along the trail.  Not saying that this is the case every time, but just saying a rock is from space because is doesn't match the surrounding rocks is dumb.  Furthermore, the OP comes to this forum continually asking for opinions and then disregards any opinion that doesn't match his own.  Does he know or talk with any local 'experts'?  Does he put any effort into the scientific process other than posting several bad pictures?  It's lazy to say the least.  I could go on and on, but I think I made my position known.

Carry on.  Much respect to those who continue to have the patience to attempt to teach someone who thinks he knows it all.  Even though he keeps coming here for 'help'.

Good Luck !!

Luke

I can't say I disagree with you on any point. My motives for egging this guy on are completely selfish. I read back several months worth of posts and figure the only thing you can do with a guy like this is have some fun with him. I understand it just makes it worse for the guys that get aggravated with it.

Poor Jimalito. He must feel just like that puppy looks when we talk about him like he wasn't even here. And all he wanted to do was show us his finds. He just wants to impress us and I don't think he knows how. It's kinda sad Luke and I just can't be too mean to him. He is like Lenny in "Of Mice and Men" only instead of rabbits it is rocks. 

Maybe it is time to stop entertaining his mal-adaptive behavior. If we had ignored him in the first place he would have never posted that adobe block for a meteorite. It was hideous and just covered in camel sh!t (one hump camel by my observations, Frank C.). It was a freaking travesty for sure. That was the sign that things had gone too far and the little game is over.

We should post more pictures of our suspect rocks and odd finds over on the rocks forum. And there is no reason why we can't discuss in detail why a rock is not a meteorite by posting rocks with meteoritic characteristics for discussion. We don't have to feed the trolls to have that discussion if we take control of the discussion. Otherwise Jimale controls it because is the only discussion to be had!

Keep on rockin' Luke. Thanks for the intelligent banter!

Bob

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From my perspective guys meteorite hunting is a very time consuming process one which I have deep passion for. Some people in this world such as Jimale can look at his many finds very closely,, more so than most people would traditionally who purely understand the checks and balances well to dismiss the wrongs and basically said rocks morph into "traits" commonly found on meteorites even if it's not a remotely true right in front of Jimales eyes. He may not be able to dismiss it himself in most cases and he shares them with us for final confirmation. His pictures need serious improvement but I hope he will someday assume more due diligence and show us he is capable of producing more than just rocks. A meteorite is hard to find so I don't imagine this will happen soon. Anyways Jimale I welcome all you bring and hope you get better at taking pictures and really hope you find a meteorite soon. 

• Like 3