Nugget Shooter Forums

I had pictures of it Don, probably all of them in my old computer that since crashed the WIN XP oldie. I might have posted a couple of them online once, if needed they could be fetched fast enough by searching.

Found in a hurry.

meteorite_Brazil1.jpg

meteorite_Brazil2.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks RD, that looks good.

From the photos, it looks rather huge for a meteorite...must be from that big one that exploded scaring the native peoples in the area.

RD the big momma was at: 14° 31' 26.09" S  48° 46' 23.76" W

Mine in the pic was at: 14° 32' 14.29" S  49° 01' 29.45" W

If I can remember correctly, was that during the low water near the lake?

Yea RD about four years ago now my stone was under about 6" of water. Probably about 5-7 years. 

Now the lake is so far down the water level is where the river used to be a flood stage, just over flowing banks. 

Makes for some great hunting that was impossible a few years ago because of forest and 6-8 foot high weeds. 

The problem now is the land owners are now putting fences across the roads going into the "dry lake bed". Here's it's against the 

law to block access to the lake but nobody pays any attention to the rules. Wed. I was going to my old patch and a quarter mile off the pavement

a new fence across the lake road. SUCKS!!

Four years ago, hard to believe that much time has gone by so quickly. Sounds like the new exposed lake area would have good potential.

Your right on about that RD. I've been hunting that area now for four years. 

Requires a lot of walking, back and forth, low and slow. 

Now with the roads being blocked off (illegal) it requires walking at least the double or triple distances. 

Four years ago I wanted to buy a boat, now I sure wish I had. 

Boat with sonar to find all the potholes in the lake....smaller gold traps like underwater gullies maybe.

• Like 1

RD what you say makes sense but now it's even better than a boat. 

Those gullies are deep and steep and now DRY!

Go figure why I bought a pair of Soccer shoes with the cleats!

Some are so steep I use my under water VLF just in case I take a bath. 

• Like 1

Yes, I suppose dry gullies are better than wet ones. If you can follow them into the water, the dredging potential can be quite high. A dredger once in California, got permission or a special permit to dredge in a man made lake. He followed the smallest dry streams right into the lake. The gold washes down these stream channels depositing gold in the main river. Only now it was dammed up to form a lake or a type of water supply.

Had a stroke of luck today. A ranch that I had permission the hunt a few years ago stopped all detecting because he wasn't getting a %

from the gold taken from his neighbors ranch. Easy to figure that out since he's a lawyer. 

His brother-in-law who speaks good English, told me today the rancher wanted me to return and beep an area he thinks has gold.

Leaving 0600 tomorrow !

• Like 5

Neighbors ranch? NO Cut. Guess that's a South American thing. Good Luck, SITREP (Situation Report) expected. LOL

Tons a au 2 u 2 Don-John

BOMBED OUT!

Drove the 32 miles of bad dirt road only to find the entire ranch with weeds higher than the cab of my Toyota. 

Probably one day someone will fire the place and I'll go back. That usually happens in Aug. and Sept. around here. 

Neighbor's ranch, do they have access across his ranch to the other? I would think charging toll, would be better if this is the case. Better yet, make them pay in gold.

RD all these ranches here are pretty big and for all the years this part of the country has been cleared and cattle was the big income and they had dirt 

roads crossing each ranch to get to the neighbors ranch. With all the old, now dead ranch owners there was never a problem but now the new breeds

are wanting to charge a % just for using their part of the road. There's no upkeep to speak of, just use the trail/road at your own risk. 

The only income from this owner/lawyer is his % of gold being dredged on a small creek running through his property. Late last year some new gold

was discovered on the neighboring ranch so everybody had to use his road so he dug his heels in because nobody was paying him a % for the use 

of his road. So he cut four very big trees across the road and that stopped all traffic, except me because I could go down the middle of the river a long way

after his ranch stopped. Scary but workable. The worst part in the river was walking the knee deep water to see if there was any washed out holes in there. 

Didn't want a Toyota submarine!

• Like 2

Yes, I figured that access roads might have something to do with it all. Too bad you can't get Garrett to rethink his video plan again. I was referring to the time he canceled out when Olympics were going on.

GOING CRAZY IN URUACU

Can't stand much more of this being couped up at home. Got all suited up yesterday with my detecting gear and spent about 

15 minutes walking and swinging around and around the house. Going to be awhile before being stupid again!:arrowheadsmiley: A few more days

before the rest of the stitches come out so I'll give it another go. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2017 at 7:50 AM, garimpo said:

before the rest of the stitches come out

Yeah, what Red_Desert said you said.. What's that about..?

And thanx 4 reminding those of us in the same holding pattern with you.. I'd almost forgotten I've only been able to get out twice (for short night hunts at that) since initial Dx & 1st "procedure" on these ol' eyes late spring of this year.. Wait..! Are you telling me everyone doesn't clean already-clean weaponry three and four times just to "be sure..?" Huh.. Be durn.. Thot everybody did that ( < wall-bounce wall-bounce wall-bounce > ) ! ! No..? Isn't normal..? Hmm... :89:

Actually, at this point in the season I'm more a-skeered of being too long in the sun than anything.. Only had a modest base coat happening early on, which is long gone.. I'd fry like a GMO egg on a cheap sidewalk if I went out right now.. During warm weather, beach detectorists tend to be polar opposites of those detecting land areas.. Beach = as little clothing as possible; land = covered head-to-foot..

Swamp

• Like 1

This year I've been steeped in movie making software technology and got it perfected to a science. Started production in DV-Camcorder type file which on my 22.50 minute music video ended up being 4.6 GB. Just made it on a 4.7 GB DVD +R disc but this is called a DVD-DV. It will play ok in a cheap Walmart DVD/VHS combo player, not in my laptop for it crashed the DVD viewer big time. The original file stored on the laptop will play only won't accept the disc.

Finally, got my YouTube account and successfully uploaded first video...plays good, looks good and made a broadband WMV file for uploading on YouTube. Not on treasure hunting or prospecting, is on making wooden branch art pens for mix-media. But also have a music video on the 1715 PLATE FLEET ARMADA ready for uploading, soon as I feel like it. Here is the cover photo.

start-1715FleetSong.jpg

Edited by Red_desert