Nugget Shooter Forums

at the laundry pass week, read an article about big foreign corporations have taken over the amozon, natives are being eliminated.

sad

I had to remove several posts because of political content and complaints from forum members, but as we all know political discussion is not allowed per forum rules and therefore shouldn't be posted, please refrain from posting any more political content.

Took a drive Wed. morning to check out a new area that I just got permission to beep the day before. The area is very large and a lot

of brush and trees. It's where the slaves 200+ years ago did extensive gold digging. Lucky for me they didn't have metal detectors so 

if they didn't see gold in the rocks they just tossed it. I've found nuggets/rocks before in this type of ground. Came back that afternoon

and had two wisdom teeth removed so now laying low taking meds until next Wed. 

image.png

• Like 3

Good Luck on the new grounds! Ah ... Kinda old :old: to have wisdom teeth removed ... we need all the thought process we can muster at our older age! Losing two storage units is going to cost in memory retention! :inocent::rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dang Mike, never thought of things as storage units. You got me to thinking there's more to getting old than I thought. Storage units here, storage units there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, from the aerial view, sure looks like a nice plot of ground to beep.

• Like 1

Heading to the new spot tomorrow morning 0545

• Like 1

Have a good beeping morning Don, after some good coffee. 

Left the bakery at 06:00 got to the new area and was suited up and beeping by 07:00. 

Got 20 feet from the truck and got a good strong signal, was thinking can't get any better than this. Raked a little dirt back with the scoop and then ran the scoop filled dirt over the coil, yep it's in there. 

A long ago spent .22 short cartridge!

Kept going and got about 200 yards away and spotted a hornets next on the side of a tree about waist high.The size of a 20 gallon barrel. Normally those boys are all over you before you can spot them, guess these were still asleep. Did a perfect 180 and headed for the slave digs only a few yards away.

About an hour later almost ran face first into a yellow jackets nest, got close enough to see them packed on the bottom side and all moving like they do just before attacking, another fast 180 and half and hour later was at the truck sipping a cup of coffee when I spotted about 1/4 mile away heavy brown smoke headed my way, threw everything

in the back and hurried away. Those heavy weeds were higher than the P/U cab and they burn really fast.

Thinking maybe tomorrow would be batter. 

• wow 1

Maybe the fire will smoke out or burn the hornets nest and the yellow jackets.

• Hmmmmmm 1

Yesterday drove the 51 miles to the first turn off for my new spot to beep. Everywhere I looked was big brown smoke columns, in every direction. Still liked two miles being to my spot but after thinking about how the boys here start these fires I thought it better to wait for a couple of more days.

A few years ago I had one of the local boys tell me how they start the fires. They take a candle of different lengths, depending on how long they want to wait before they have a fire. They put the candle in a small mound of dirt around it's base and then a trail of very dry weeds leading to the big stuff a couple of feet away. The candle length gives them time to be back in town drinking beer and playing footies with the ladies. That way eveybody knows where they were when the fires start and no way can they be to blame. 

Sort of a delayed fuse there, a self made timer.

Started asking the lady that owns the new area that's 51 miles away if she is sure exactly where her land starts and

ends. I want to be sure I'm on land that I have permission to hunt. I've run into some of these people before that get

their land free and their a testy bunch to say the least. The last time was about three years ago with a man that said

where I was detecting was his land so I ask him to see the paper/deed their given but he said no. Then out from their

house came his wife about a 1/4 mile away with her machete, they were both standing between me and the truck

which was another 1/4 mile away 90° in another direction.  

So I ask the lady how much land their given and she said 5.5 acres which I think clears me in the other dispute years

ago. 

When I was there the other day beeping I notice white stakes about a foot long above the ground with a number

painted on them. That is her ID number for the land and I'm guessing a surveyor put the stakes there so what I wanted

was the GPS  Lat/Long of the stakes so I can put the info on Google Earth and make a printout. The first stakes

(2) started about 100 yards from her plastic sheeting house and were only about 12 feet apart which didn't make a lot

of sense to me. I ask her about that and she said the land was shaped like a big Y. So the search started for #3 and

#4. Never found #3 after looking for and hour in almost impossible jungle so went back to the truck in a clearing and

went in the other direction and after a long walk along a fence line that was mostly cleared we found #4. The good

part is the entire area is extensive old slave digs, a very good sign. Will try for #3 stake later!

• Like 1

06:00 tomorrow buy cheese bread at the bakery then eat it on the way to the new spot with the slave digs. 

image.png

• Like 2

Good luck out there! And be careful! :old:

• Like 1

Got the cheese bread Mike but the weather people said lightening and TS's so I brought the bread back to the house. Lightening still going on up North. This is 

14 hours later. Been hit once sure don't want to chance it a second time. :hide:

• Like 2

I'll take the inside corner area out by #4.

• Like 1

Good on ya rascal, that's slap dab in the middle of the heavy slave digs. The dig area there is very big and #4 is about the Southern edge.

Those tiype of digs have always  produced gold for me, not a lot but the right color. 

• Like 1

RD that's the first area I went to and worked about an hour before finding that barrel shaped hornets nest. That's the largest one of those kind I've seen here. 

I was maybe 30 yards from it before I saw it, I lucked out usually that kind of hornet is on you way before that. 

I sort of felt like that part of the map was drawing me.

Might as well pretty the map up a bit.

Slave-dig-Don.png

I like that RD, headed out again tomorrow. Got new tires today so now I'm not affraid of what the cops at the road block might do. 

16 hours ago, garimpo said:

I like that RD, headed out again tomorrow. Got new tires today so now I'm not affraid of what the cops at the road block might do. 

Don do you have annual vehicle inspections down there?

No nothing like it there but there's only three ways out of town here and two of the main ones have Military Police stations that stop some traffic or none, that's when you get everything checked. If you don't have the proper paper work they just confiscate the vehicle.

The last time they got me was for a chip in the wind shield. The fine was $200.00 and a new windshile was $350.00 installed. 

Started out again today RD got the cheese bread paid for then say the lightening in the East which is the direction I had wanted to go. Storms off and on here today.