Nugget Shooter Forums

3 hours ago, garimpo said:

I had to take my wife to the Doc today. Made her feel good

Wife feeling good = More beeping time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really bad news here today. Had to stay in town and get some things done, after that I went by my beeping buddy's house and he just heard today the where my patch is located the owners of the property going in are in a uproar about the holes the prospectors here are leaving so they have the Military Police unit called "HOTA", that's how youi prnounce it but not spell it. Their the same as our SWAT teams but these guys are on steroids, they wear black uniforms, drive around town in a black P/U giving everybody the stare down.

They have a very successful negotation team at a hostage event. I saw on the news here about four years ago where they had a bank robber

on the sidewalk holding a woman hostage. I don't remember if he had a gun or knife at her throat but the HOTA were across the street talking to him. They talked to him for several minutes and then they sent their chief negotiator across the street to get the situtation under control, they didn't give his name but his initals are 7.62 cal. 

The camera showed a close up of the results in real time. 

So now these same guys are patroling the lake, it's ok if your fishing but if your beeping they take you and your equipment to a town 95 miles East of here and charge you with who knows what but in the end they conficate all of your beeping equipment. 

So now I have my work cut out for me trying to find a place that's safe to beep. 

• Sad 2

Sounds rough, hopefully the new patch will be closer to home and a little less hunted out.

RD the old patch is only 7 miles from my house. So today I did a search of the area with Google Earth and discovered why the owners of the land around the lake are upset. It's hard to hide disturbed ground from GE. I found several places on what they consider their ground which legally belongs to the state that have fresh scrapes and one being the area I've stood on where they got 2 kilos of gold out by hand and then went back in a month later with a tractor and blade. Don't know if they got more then or not. So the bottom line is they don't like competition!

So for now I'm a prisioner staying in the city limits. So Monday I'll talk to my engineer who has the regulations for the lake area.

• Like 1

We looked at the lake in GE a while back. Maybe the newer images show more recent detail or they got the view in closer.

RD go to GE and coords: 14°32'19.31" S  49°01'40.42" W  this is where they took out two kilos.

Two other scrqpes: 14°32'29.98" S   49°01'46.26" W

Must have got plenty of rain, maps look wet. Either wet or sunlight on gravel showing.

map_Adiggings.jpg

map_Adiggings_2.jpg

Looks a little brighter in the top right corner of cropped section here... must be something new going on there.

map_Adiggingscrop.jpg

Other place.

map_Bdiggings.jpg

Heading toward the lake a little from there?

map_Bdiggingscrop.jpg

RD all of that mostly brown is where the water was when the lake was full. The heavy green is where the water stopped. For the last four years the water has been going down except for this year, we just finished the rainy season and the water has come back up but nothing like it was before. 

Yesterday and again today I had a talk with my engineer that has lake property a little ways SE of these pics. He's in the know about most everything around here bu he's not commenting much about the owners and the scrapes.

Still no more leads about the special police force but I know for a fact driving out there is not a smart move. 

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like a good idea at the moment.

Reveille as normal today 0500, made the coffee, fed the pooch and headed out the door at 0600 so I could stop at the bakery and get some cheese rolls. Got in the 

garage and could just barely see the street 50 ft. away. Thought for a minute I was back in L.A. fog but fog doesn't smell like smoke or something burning. Wind was

from the East so went out back of the house and tried to look East. I could make out a street light about 100 yards but no further. Got in the PU and headed for the 

bakery, on the way got a iittle out of the heavy smoke and as far as I could see to the East was a huge cloud of heavy smoke. The police also use that bakery since

it's the last one before leaving town so I hurried back to the house so I couldn't be seen in my camo prospecting clothes. So spent the day doing a couple of "honey dos":

Like they say "stuff happens".

• Like 1

East is not from the lake area, is it?

Seven miles East of my house is the lake. 

Posted (edited)

Lake curves around a lot. I probably get my E & W mixed up crossing the equater zone.

Edited by Red_desert

RD I think it was in the 19 teens and twenty's that the US had survey crews maping and surveying the US so most major roads run N-S, E-W with exceptions for the terrain. 

Here In Brazl there is no such thing, I keep asking people here with way is North and so far no one knows.

• Like 2

Of course, Brazil you need a compass and/or GPS so as to NOT get lost on the roads getting somewhere.

smoke tree area California, 92266 west of the mule mountain are redwood mile posts with heads dated 1854.

east are steel posts brass caps dated 1916.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:58 AM, wet/dry washer said:

smoke tree area California, 92266 west of the mule mountain are redwood mile posts with heads dated 1854.

east are steel posts brass caps dated 1916.

What size of gold do you get there? Or how much of it?

one gram for me, sixteen gramer nearby by the oldminer who owns the claim. eight oz's out of one yard of gravel that took two days of using an air powered muffler chisel then running through a cement mixer. goldfield mining took over the whole area soon after that. they got the mine miners got the shaft.

Greenland has some easy gold, read that in GPAA magazine once (don't have my membership anymore). Anyway, according to the article, the author's wife is part Inuit and they had an Indigenous Summit there one year. His wife made him promise not to bring a gold pan along. With gold pan out on a boat ride, they stopped where a stream emptied into the inlet. Following the quartz float trail to the source, it took about a half hour to pan enough gold nuggets and chunky gold to change his wife's mind on bringing the gold pan along. Some nice sizs rubies found while following the quartz also. 

Recent development of Trump being interested in Greenland, could be a good thing, at least concerning the natural resources.

Edited by Red_desert