Nugget Shooter Forums

On 3/14/2019 at 12:09 AM, DolanDave said:

No Way Man Dragonhead Nugget....:arrowheadsmiley:

Dragonhead.jpg

You're absolutely right, brilliant mind there... Don the Dragon Slayer Nugget.

Whatever you call it, still looks much better than tearing up the environment, for a little gold dust and a couple gold flakes hardly big enough to see without a magnifying glass.

Hey DD how about rotating the little guy 180° then see what it looks like. I tried to but couldn't bring it here.  

Whether you rotate it right or left, flip upside down... see something new each time. 

Posted (edited)

Happy last couple of days. If you  haven't noticed, not been on here much. A broadband company from out of state came in and bought out our small edge of town rural ISP. We were already hard to reach in the first place. I mean people across the street were not able to get the signal and towers are to the SE from us. We can't get the signal of the towers for the broadband service people across the street have either. Our Internet got dumped down so low, not only hard to attach images to email, couldn't even get a 44 KB pic posted online. I decided if I could ever get Twitter to come in again, I'd have something to say about it. It didn't happen for a number of days, maybe a couple weeks but once on there, stayed on making Tweets until everything was said enough times throughout the evening. Yahoo responded with this article. It took a little time to figure out, have my Internet back and even can play videos again. Before spent 20 plus minutes waiting for Yahoo mail to load and quite often the email content refused to load 

Here is the Yahoo article, was going to save a link but forgot-just search Yahoo.

If you’re reading this from a computer or device connected to your home Wi-Fi connection, chances are you’re being ripped off. 
Rick Bennett, 52, was frustrated. He had just convinced his boss to let him work from home—a dream he’d had for many years—and was looking forward to the comfortable working environment. But his comfort was to be short-lived. 
When he tried pulling up his email, it took five minutes to load. Unacceptable, when you need to be in constant contact with your coworkers throughout the day. Not to mention the list of websites and downloads he needed to access. And that wasn’t even the worst part. 
He’d only just upgraded to a better internet package one month before! He knew that he’d need faster speeds if he was going to be working from his 3-bedroom home. Frustrated, he decided to do what any of us would do in his situation. 
He called his internet provider and complained. The earliest they could have a technician visit was in 15 days. So Rick put off working from home for another two weeks. Finally, when the day arrived, Rick was in for a surprise. 
The technician, Barry (name changed to protect his identity – we know his employer is going to want to know who spilled the beans), came out and “fixed” Rick’s internet, pulling it back up to acceptable speeds. He seemed like a relaxed and friendly guy, so Rick offered him a beer. 
“I really shouldn’t, man,” Barry said as he accepted it. 
The more Rick and Barry talked, the friendlier they got. And when Rick told him that he was working from home, Barry told him he was just going to have to deal with the same problem again in a few weeks. Rick couldn’t believe what he was hearing. 
“They give you the speeds you asked for,” Barry said, “at first. But then they throttle the bandwith. They electronically tamper with the router, which is ‘conveniently’ combined with the modem nowadays, so that your internet gets slower over time.” 
“How can they do that?” Rick asked. “Can’t you look at how fast your modem is going?” 
“Yeah, man. But they split the speed between two channels, so they can tell you you’re getting the same speed. But you’re only using one channel at a time, so really it’s divided in half. It’s all so you buy the next ‘upgrade’ in their package.” 
Furious, but not surprised, Rick told Barry that he might as well not even fix it. That he’d be changing providers immediately. 
“It’s not gonna help,” Barry said. “They all do it. All the ISPs. If they all do it, they can all get customers that want to ‘upgrade.’ It’s all about profits. It’s ‘The Man,’ man.” 
Exasperated, Rick fell back in his chair. 
“Is there anything I can do?” He asked, defeated. 
Barry finished his beer with a satisfied gulp and went out to his truck, returning with a small white device. He plugged it in the wall and dusted off his hands with a satisfied smirk on his face. 
“You didn’t get this from me, man,” he said. “It’s a WiFiBlast. It reconnects the split channels from your router and blasts it across the house. Trust me, man, you’re not gonna have any troubles with speed anymore.” 
Rick thanked Barry for the amazing gift. Barry only had one thing to say: 
“Thanks for the beer, man.” 
Curious about this “WiFiBlast,” we decided to do some research of our own. 
Turns out it’s an extremely useful product that extends the range of your WiFi while boosting speeds up to twice as fast, and all you have to do is plug it into the wall. It takes the speed from the different channels coming out of your modem and combines them into one super-fast network, up to 750 Mbps. And the external antennas allow for better, more consistent performance. 
It’s great for multi-story homes if your WiFi connection isn’t as strong as you’d like it to be. The connection even extends into the backyard and beyond. And the best part? 
It works with ANY WiFi router. So no matter what you already have, it can boost it. You can create 2 WiFi modes, one to boost the existing connection or a new one to use as an access point. And it has an Ethernet port so you can connect your wired devices, like a smart TV. Plus, it protects who has access to it, just like your current router. 
This all sounded great. But would it really work? We decided to try it out. 
We ordered it online and it arrived two days later. Skeptical, we plugged it in and had it setup in minutes. 
Now, we don’t have a two-story home. We own a 2000 square-foot ranch house with a big backyard. So we plugged in the WiFiBlast on one end of the home, and had the family scatter out on their devices. 
The online video games were buzzing without any lag, the Netflix binges were going strong, the music was streaming with no audio pauses, and the internet was loading even faster than before. It was unbelievable. Normally, there’s always that complaint coming from somewhere in the house: 
“Who’s using the internet?” 
But everyone was quietly enjoying their devices and games with top speed and absolutely zero lag. 
Every now and then we’re lucky enough to review one of those products that makes life instantly better for us, and we’re always grateful. The WiFiBlast is definitely one of those products. Thanks for the advice, “Barry.” 
And thank you, Rick, for giving him the beer. 

Edited by Red_desert
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was skeptical also, but I'm set up with my flat screen, printer, etc. in my computer room which is down in the basement opposite end of house and opposite corner from the router. Everything works fine now, news feeds all come in fully loaded and keep on as you scroll down the page. Before news feeds never loaded even halfway.

Biggest problem now is, I've developed new habits for being online, hardly ever make comments anymore but trying to fix that now. I tend to get online and then shut down soon because it didn't take very long.

Edited by Red_desert
  • Like 1

WTG RD, never give up!:thumbsupanim

Yes, as the saying goes, "if you're gonna be a bronco rider, you got to do it". My dad is from an older generation, think he will turn 88 years end of this month. But he had another way of saying it, "you gotta take the bull by the horns".

• Like 1

I meant say,our tower is to the NE and across the street their towers for WIFI to the SW. Tried a colorful underwater YouTube video last evening, played all the way through with out any problem. I got all my speed back, maybe plus a little extra never had before.

• Like 1

I sent your meteorite thread to Twitter... it could be retweeted or evn a comment and/or photo added. Things often hardly get noticed on there with all the political people hogging up the feed.

I tried retweet, you can't add a photo only a comment which links back to the original tweet.

Here it is.

2019-04-23 (1).png