Nugget Shooter Forums

STAY AWAY FROM N.CAL

Hoser John

Fire fire fire everywhere up here in shasta/trinity county.heat, smoke beyond imagination and gold never worth your life. just got back from 6 day emergency evac to quite a ungodly mess. Visit another time but be years till its decent anymore for mining-John

• Like 2

Maybe I mean just maybe Them tree huggers might decide to allow some logging and forest management ?  I have never ever seen such piss poor forest managenment in my life and that includes Oregon also. They are so concerned about somebody with a BB gun while the forests are left to go to hell just because some f%%$#@@ asshat pencil pusher behind his desk decided that this is the way it shall be. Why isnt someone held accountable for what they are doing. You crap for brains that wanna protest all the little crap get off your asses and start protesting our forests being allowed to go to hell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hoser John said:

Fire fire fire everywhere up here in shasta/trinity county.heat, smoke beyond imagination and gold never worth your life. just got back from 6 day emergency evac to quite a ungodly mess. Visit another time but be years till its decent anymore for mining-John

John, so very glad to hear from you, been thinking about you for days now, I was more than worried that you might get caught is that hell storm and not be able to get out, so very sad on the lives lost over there, the forest will eventually grow back but a life can't be replaced, stay safe my friend!!

Just drove back from my place in Mapleton, Oregon  two days ago.  Heavy smoke from above Grants Pass all the way to just north of Sacramento..  When I got home to Merced it was extrmelyt smoky from the fire near Yosemite.   Oregon was nice and cool on my place on the Suislaw River and the crabbing was great.  Hated to leave but had other obligations after two months 

• Like 1

John,

The BLM basically prevented doing anything fun in the forest in AZ, and the amount of wildfires we have had this year dropped by 1/3.  I expect to see that implemented everywhere.  It's not that you can't go in the forest, you just can't have a fire, can't shoot, can't drive, can't run an engine, and I'm sure more, so you're really limited to walking in.  I also have had a boss like that.... If you look at that benchmark for success, by not letting people in the forest, fires drop dramatically.  The latest Saratoga fire was supposedly started by a broke down vehicle.

I'd rather see a permit given with a safety course than see these AZ measures made permanent.

On a different note, I want to get a new pickup, but the diesel regen can get to 1,000° and I don't want that to happen while I'm driving over prairie grass.

• Like 1

I feel for you John, along with all the other people and critters affected by these fires. It seems we have spent lots of time talking about global warming and little -- if any -- time actually preparing for what we are now seeing. I'm about 30 miles north of Klamath Falls, OR and it's no picnic up here either because of the smoke. 
I think it's obvious that we need to change our methods of forest management. 

• Like 1