Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IDdesertman

Yankee Fork Gold Dredge

I took a nice trip to Idaho and Montana a couple weeks back and had a chance to swing by and visit the Yankee Fork Gold Dredge. One of the better existing dredges out there. You can take a tour inside during the day. I missed the "business hours" but still enjoyed seeing it from the outside. I love these old machines! 

There was some heavy equipment working just downstream.. At first I thought that there was some mining going on, but then saw a sign posted by the Forest Service that they were doing work along the river for salmon habitat. They were leaving a small bit of the dredge tailings for "archaeological" reasons and leveling out everything else to rehab the river. 

You can see a few more pictures and some history here: Yankee Fork Gold Dredge

DM164764.JPG

DM164778.JPG

DM164783.JPG

• Like 1

I took the tour a couple years ago. It was amazing to see how big everything actually is and how it all worked. It's well worth the visit if anywhere nearby.

It sounds like the Forest Service has created a great opportunity for beeping by leveling out all those tailing piles. I'm sure there is plenty of ferrous trash so the GM1000 would be the way to go.