Nugget Shooter Forums

This pebble looks interesting

That's what I was thinking.  I was wondering if it smelt bad, burnt blue, or perhaps turned red if melted.  Also wondering if its heavier than it should be.  If it is, that steers me somewhere else.

6 hours ago, chrisski said:

That's what I was thinking.  I was wondering if it smelt bad, burnt blue, or perhaps turned red if melted.  Also wondering if its heavier than it should be.  If it is, that steers me somewhere else.

Hallo Chrisski,

I think you are right, the place I found this stone has been named 'smelling stream'  because of the bad odour it emits especially during the raining seasons.

ironically, I collected a rock that smells like a perfume , soft with brown exterior and shinny yellowish interIor in the same spot.

20180730_123244-1-1-1.jpg

23 minutes ago, Jimale said:

ironically, I collected a rock that smells like a perfume , soft with brown exterior and shinny yellowish interIor in the same spot.

A perfumey yellowish rock could be amber, maybe?  But beware of African Amber, aka phenolic resin(s), and those who sell it to naive buyers.

Or there's this:  Fossilized ambergris was not so long ago discovered for the first time in Italy, and if I'm not mistaken an entire fossilized whale has been found in Kenya, so why not fossilized ambergris in Kenya also?  Although, I'm uncertain of color (the non-fossilized stuff is grayish, hence the name) and other identifying characteristics of said fossilized ambergris (I'm not even sure if it would retain volatiles, or scent).  If you have found a piece, that would be quite a discovery.

• Hmmmmmm 1

2 hours ago, adam said:

It is not Amber, or Sulfur.....

Hallo Adam,

You put us  suspense? Come on ,Let the cats out of the bag.

Collected these rough rocks from the same place.

20180730_171945-1-1-1.jpg

20180730_171441-1-1-1.jpg

20180730_171230-1-1-1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

C'mon, Adam, I was trying to give him ideas for his next big sale of faux something or others.  Don't spoil the fun.

Trying to fake the "senile wisdom"

I can't understand these Faking syndrome upheld by some of the members everytime someone post, the first thing coming to peoples' mind is, maybe  'fake' or scam, for how long shall we be in captivity for this monster known as imitations.

These rock had been in my possession for 2 yrs now, have not approached anyone to buy anything so far, no need for this fuss gentlemen!

2 hours ago, Jimale said:

Trying to fake the "senile wisdom"

I can't understand these Faking syndrome upheld by some of the members everytime someone post, the first thing coming to peoples' mind is, maybe  'fake' or scam, for how long shall we be in captivity for this monster known as imitations.

These rock had been in my possession for 2 yrs now, have not approached anyone to buy anything so far, no need for this fuss gentlemen!

Nothing fake about my senility.  The wisdom, on the other hand, is of questionable pedigree.

5 hours ago, Jimale said:

Hallo Adam,

You put us  suspense? Come on ,Let the cats out of the bag.

Collected these rough rocks from the same place.

20180730_171945-1-1-1.jpg

20180730_171441-1-1-1.jpg

20180730_171230-1-1-1.jpg

The one in the middle is an agate of some sort. I still think your yellow one is a jasper, but you've not told us things like its hardness or specific gravity, so it makes identifying it nothing more than a guess.

• Like 1