Nugget Shooter Forums

Weaver Mining District

Yo all...Does anybody know the current status of the Weaver Mining District prospecting club? ... Both of their phone  numbers are disconnected ... I'm fixing to edit some of my club claims maps, adding some new clubs and deleting one or two ... Also will create new maps soon...Uncle Ron's Club Claims Maps are intended to promote membership and respect for the various prospecting clubs and admonishing against claim jumping ... I'd sure appreciate any Weaver info ... Clay?  Anyone?  Thanks..Cheers, Unc

Ron I think the club is deceased. don't know who owns the claims now? I used to be a member but haven't talked to them in a few years. Call Dan Jacobs. I know he can help you out.
AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

Thanks, Bob...I'll give him a call...Just looked him up in the phone book ... Cheers, Ron

I saw a username "weaver mining district" that registered on this forum a week or so ago. I thought he was a representative that was going to announce details on the club. Never did post though.

At one time I thought all you had to do was look up the claim in the county register to see where it was.  Found out they're right 99% of the time.  Occasionally someone does a drawing wrong, so is it what's on the drawing or what's on the front of the form: ie, a 20 acre claim listed as North South but Pictured East West.  Also went looking at a dropped claim which had been filed to 160 acres, but as I was reading the BLM notes, it had been adjusted to 40 acres, I think when the BLM changed fees from price per claim to price per 20 acres.  Nothing was filed with the county indicating the change, but when looking in the annual notes to the BLM, I found that annotation.  Of course I could find nothing to say which 40 acres.  Anyway, that area was so confusing figuring who claimed what, I never went out there.  For a claim that had been filed 10 years ago I figured the odds of finding the claim makers and paperwork were not that great.  How clay ever figures this stuff out for footprints, I'll never know.

Edited by chrisski

OK guys, I just got off a long phone call with Dan Jacobs of Weaver (Thanks Nugget Bob)  and bottom line is that the club is starting back up again, with a bunch of new claims ... Dan said the new claims, most in vicinity and south of Decision Corner, are very good claims ... down toward the area the famous Tongue Nugget was found.

I'll be working with Dan and others to create an exclusive Weaver Mining District claims map ... Prob take a month to finish but my Rich Hill map will promote Weaver MD exclusively and will no longer promote Road Runner PC, ever!  RRPC was good for a long time and the members are awesome peeps.  My decision has nothing to do with the rank and file who all are great folks... But now they've got some politicians on the board of directors that do not have the best interests of members at heart and I won't have them on my maps any more...The way it is, movin' west!

Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Edited by Uncle Ron
  • Like 3
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Glad to hear  Weaver is coming back from the dead. I was a member back when Les Bender was alive and for a year after that ... the club just went down hill after Les left us. 

Weaver is moving office back to Les Bender's old office at the Arrowhead...They'll be in there pretty soon ... Apparently there have been BLM issues that all but shut the club down for the past few years...Now, however, it appears the issues have been resolved...The club filed a bunch of new claims ...  I'll be meeting with them to get coordinates next week ... It's all good. ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

No, not specifically ...My maps show the locations of club claims ... Anything more than that is like herding cats ... There lots of maps available that do show land status  ... Used to have program that detailed location different status but the program is now outdated and won't work on modern machines ....  Cheers, Unc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ron good to hear they are reorganizing the club and starting it up again. a lot of gold has come out of that Decision corner patch claims, and what I like about it is, its deep in some areas, get out your big coils or hit the monsoon rain ruts.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Ron good to hear they are reorganizing the club and starting it up again. a lot of gold has come out of that Decision corner patch claims, and what I like about it is, its deep in some areas, get out your big coils or hit the monsoon rain ruts.

AzNuggetBob

Yes Bob... I've seen some 2+ oz  nuggets that came out of there ... I'm going to promote the heck out of Weaver.... I'll keep all advised ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

OK, All, I've had a couple of meetings with Steve Hill of Weaver MD and he's provided the info I need to go to work on the Weaver MD Club Claims map ... It'll take me a few weeks to create them then a bit to get the club's approval and then I'll have them to order and Weaver will have some as well ... The club is $75 per year and the claims are well proven prime Rich Hill area producers..Cheers, Unc

• Like 3