Nugget Shooter Forums

Large Gold Nugget From The United Kingdom

Morlock

I don't see any problems with the link. It's a reputable website and my AV program didn't raise any red flags. 

Maybe you need a new computer.

Just wondering if large coils on an SD or GP would work being submerged in a creek or river like the one shown in the link. Anyone try it before?

All the coils I've had said they are water resistant. Light washing to clean and can be ran in wet grass etc. I've been too scared to submerge them fully haha.

9 hours ago, adam said:

I would not recommend clicking that link.......Where some of you get your info from, you are just asking foe computer problems.

8 hours ago, Morlock said:

I don't see any problems with the link. It's a reputable website and my AV program didn't raise any red flags. 

Maybe you need a new computer.

I didn't have any issues clicking on the lnk either, took a few seconds to load but other than that no problems, BUT IMHO I would warn everyone not to click on any links unless you have some kind of Malware program to protect your computer and you know your computer well enough that it won't get infected if a site is a issue!!

I use my computer so much for many internet uses that I have it well protected and have never had any issues with this computer or any I have had on the past, too many now to remember but well over 7 or 8, the worst problems I have had with any ofmy computers was with my son from the age of 6 and as he was growing up, he disassembled at least 4 of my computers while I was at work to the point of even I being somewhat very computer savy not being able to put them back together again, his excuse was he was trying to build me a "Super Computer"  :inocent: that's the main reason I have had so many,  the good thing is I still have all the hard drives and he now at 24 is a computer whiz, but I still won't let him touch any of my computers!  :nono:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Morlock said:

Just wondering if large coils on an SD or GP would work being submerged in a creek or river like the one shown in the link. Anyone try it before?

1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

All the coils I've had said they are water resistant. Light washing to clean and can be ran in wet grass etc. I've been too scared to submerge them fully haha.

From my understanding none of the SDs , GPs, or GPXs series coils are waterproof and submerging them will most likely fry the coil, there maybe some aftermarket coils that can be submerged, but I would suggest knowing for sure before dipping them in the water!!!

A bit sensationalistic at suggesting the 2.75 oz gold / quartz specimen will sell for  in excess of $65,ooo US.  If that's the case, I'm on a plane tomorrow with every multi ounce nugget a can buy from a shop.  Well, take me more than a day to find one.

I'd read a story from the united kingdom, think it was Scotland, where in the 1600s a mini gold rush started after a storm turned up gold in a creek.  Unfortunately, the people going for the gold were supposed to be farming and the lords put them back to work.  Heard that patch was worked a little, but ultimately worked out.

Also like someone's opinion on if it could be glacial gold and how far you think it could have traveled?  The creek doesn't look like it's all that long, but the specimen looks like its traveled a bit, pounded smooth.

• Like 1

There's been a few UK nuggets over the past few years that make the news and they always get quoted many, many times the spot price. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if someone "finds" a big Alaskan gold nugget in the UK if you know what I mean... not saying thats what happened here but it has been done before to add some provenance to a fairly "average" nugget to get a top price. 

2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

From my understanding none of the SDs , GPs, or GPXs series coils are waterproof and submerging them will most likely fry the coil, there maybe some aftermarket coils that can be submerged, but I would suggest knowing for sure before dipping them in the water!!!

My luck it would fry the coil then come back up and fry my machine too.

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

1 hour ago, chrisski said:

A bit sensationalistic at suggesting the 2.75 oz gold / quartz specimen will sell for  in excess of $65,ooo US.  If that's the case, I'm on a plane tomorrow with every multi ounce nugget a can buy from a shop.  Well, take me more than a day to find one.

I'd read a story from the united kingdom, think it was Scotland, where in the 1600s a mini gold rush started after a storm turned up gold in a creek.  Unfortunately, the people going for the gold were supposed to be farming and the lords put them back to work.  Heard that patch was worked a little, but ultimately worked out.

Also like someone's opinion on if it could be glacial gold and how far you think it could have traveled?  The creek doesn't look like it's all that long, but the specimen looks like its traveled a bit, pounded smooth.

They never said exactly which stream/river it came from, the video was staged to relay how it was found, not the actual location.

They even stated the location would not be devulged.

13 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

If I was him, I'd invest in a good beach PI detector so it could be used underwater. If he located that one by sniping, surely there's more to be found. He's somewhat limited since he only looking for exposed bedrock.

• Like 3