Nugget Shooter Forums

Awesome new technology we're enjoying

Uncle Ron

What ailments can you treat with CBD Unc?  I know lots of folks that are using it for all sorts of things. Even for their pets.

I know there is a big interest in strains of marijuana that are high in CBD and low in THC. There is a grower in the Mesilla Valley that is cultivating "Charlotte's Web" plants as a medicinal CBD crop. He claims it is of more value to him than cultivating the THC varieties and much easier to process and store. There must be a huge demand if this is true. No doubt many people are seeing the benefits.

The THC based products are fantastic for pain, appetite, insomnia and depression. Not to mention they are a blast and make you feel good. Feeling safe and happy is very good for your health and ganja does that instantly. So I truly believe in the medicinal properties of this plant which ever cannabinoid you focus on! 

• Like 2

Hey Bob...First, welcome back...Glad you're here... I've been using the CBD Oil for about 5-6 months because I had a failed spine surgery and could barely walk ... I couldn't walk the 60' between our bed and my office without stopping and holding on to something ... So I started out with the 250 mg strength and it helped; then I went to the 500 mg and it got even better but I had to use alot ... So, to make a long story short, I realized what a major benefit I was having for my back and then Dodie, who was taking it too, had it heal her irritable bowel syndrome which had been plaguing her for 20 years.  Only took 5 days, she said and it was fixed and she still is benefiting from it ... So our personal results convinced me that it was a business I wanted to be involved in ... Helping other people is what I want to do, plus keep my bride and me out of pain ... So I bought a distributorship and it's been amazing ... I'll post a picture with this that shows some things it helps but I keep hearing new benefits everyday! ... Some doctors actually inject the CBD right into cancer sites and there's documentation that is curing stage four cancer in a couple weeks with the right doctors ... I don't really know about all that detail but I do know what we have benefited from it and I'm putting some good investment into it .... The CBD oil is legal in all 50 states and it seems a bit expensive until your pain is put under control ... I used 2,500 mg strength and it is amazing ... I have one squirt under my tongue first thing in the AM then I'm good til the next AM ... I am selling it fast because many peeps know about it and my approach is to offer really , really good prices ... I wouldn't mind making $ on it eventually, but for now I just want to cover our own needs ... Guess you could say I'm a true believer because of the feedback I've gotten ... Cheers, Unc

How CBD Works in Body.jpg

I just ordered a small bottle. I assume it comes with instructions. I'm having a lot of pain in my hip...according to the docs, probably sciatica. Figured I might as well give it a try.

Jim

• Like 2

Great Jim... Got your order and will try to get it out Sat. AM ... Using it is different for each person ... I started out with one full dropper squirt under my tongue and within a few days it will really start kicking in ...It needs to build up in your system for a few days ... For me it was about 3 or 4 days and then it got better even after that ... You'll like it...One thing we recently discovered is that you can take a couple of small drops and put it on the surface where the pain is ... It really helped me doing the combo of under tongue and a couple very small drops on the surface of my spine above the pain ... So far everyone is amazed at its results!  Thanks... Cheers, Unc

24 minutes ago, middleforkminer2 said:

I'm still wondering if this would cause a person to test positive in a drug test.....

No ... all the literature says it doesn't because there's no traceable amount of THC which is the pot ingredient that gets you stoned... CBD won't give you any high, but it did make me more tolerant of crazed room full of grand babies! Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron
  • Like 2

Looking forward to trying it, Unc. I'm really pain-tolerant, but this sciatica, is driving me up the wall. Ibuprofen handles it, but I hate taking it constantly.

Jim

We have Butt Loads of Devils Claw growing on our property.  After trying it I don't buy Ibuprofen any more.  Seems to work on about any and all aches and pains for me. I had surgery on my Clavicle back in the 80's and something seems to have come unglued.  LOL   My knee's and Hips give me stick all the time.    I just make a tea with a few grams or even just chew it up and swallow.  Taste Good to me.  I use the large root just under the plant.  Eaaaa Free Meds. 

Jim, your order is packaged, stamped and headed for the mailbox....Thanks again for the order... Cheers, Unc

Devil's Claw (Spider Root) is awesome. Every bit as good as ibuprofen. It is not completely safe but a lot safer than most NSAIDS like ibuprofen. And the plant can be used for about a thousand other things too. 

Try it with cranberry juice. It is the very best remedy for any body pains like muscles and arthritis. It is an excellent training aid for those trying to get back in shape after an illness or injury. The cranberry juice will increase the effectiveness of any NSAID a whole bunch. Three ibuprofen and a mouthful of cranberry juice will keep swelling down BIG TIME. Arthritis, tendonitis, muscle aches...GONE. And the spider root tea mixed 50/50 with pure cranberry juice is at least as good as the ibuprofen if not even better.

CBD is no doubt a very effective cannabinoid and potentially useful for many therapies. The only down side is there is absolutely no standardization or regulation in the industry so all products are not the same. I know there have been problems with some products that contain no CBD at all. So once you find a good product that works for you it is best to stick with it. You may buy CBD oil somewhere else that has no effect, or a very different effect. 

I am not casting any shade on your product Ron. You obviously know it and trust it and this is EXACTLY how someone would know it is good. It would be the ONLY way a person would know if it was a good product unless they did an analysis to find out.

My personal opinion is that CBD oil is like decaffeinated coffee or near beer... If it does not make you dizzy what is the point? And if it makes you stupid you KNOW there is some cannabinoids in the sh!t. No analysis needed you know what I'm sayin? With the old school product I can see the resin, smell the terpenes, examine for mold, see the formation of the florets and make a very accurate assessment of quality at a glance. And it takes no more than one small whiff to prove it.

Yes, when the cops pull me over I get tazed but that just adds to the adventure. The body cavity searches are a real benefit to a healthy colon. And fighting with young trained cops trying to give me those body cavity searches keeps me in top form (I am up to six at a time now!). So arms like pythons, six pack abs and a sphincter like a buttonhole are all benefits of the full value product! Betcha don't get that with CBD oil!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bob, I have more then a Endless Supply of the stuff.  Come winter when the plants are all dried up and gone I know exactly where to dig if my stocks are down.  Don't know about the store bought stuff.  Just what's at hand.  I started with maybe a gram.  Some suggestions state 1 to 9 grams.   Based on what I read.     Worked a bit.  Upped it to two or three grams and It works for me.  I wouldn't know what works for someone else.  Guess they would have to try it like I did.   . 

Well, Homefire, I ordered up a pound of the Devil's Claw. Will give it a try. I appreciate the advice, and will report back on how it performs.

Jim

On 7/20/2018 at 11:38 PM, homefire said:

We have Butt Loads of Devils Claw growing on our property.  After trying it I don't buy Ibuprofen any more.  Seems to work on about any and all aches and pains for me. I had surgery on my Clavicle back in the 80's and something seems to have come unglued.  LOL   My knee's and Hips give me stick all the time.    I just make a tea with a few grams or even just chew it up and swallow.  Taste Good to me.  I use the large root just under the plant.  Eaaaa Free Meds. 

Up until I read this thread, I thought the only thing devils claw was good for was for use in crafts.. I knew of some people getting 2 cents each to be sold to florists and other crafters.

20 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Up until I read this thread, I thought the only thing devils claw was good for was for use in crafts.. I knew of some people getting 2 cents each to be sold to florists and other crafters.

The medicinal type of devils claw is African with the spider like roots (Harpagophytum procumbens). The plant in the southwest known as Devils Claw is not the same plant. It is Probocidea Parviflora.  The southwestern variety is eaten like okra, the seeds are eaten raw and cooked and the fibers are used for weaving. Lots of folks make crafts from the fruits. But the African variety is the medicinal one. It has alkaloids that are analgesic and anti inflammatory. The southwestern "Devil Claw" does not contain these alkaloids.

The one that grows in our deserts are not the same "Devil's Claw". The plant, the fruits and the roots are completely different from the medicinal variety. The only commonality is the name "Devil Claw" which is used for several different plants.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they were talking about the same plant.

Nope. Two different plants on two different continents. There is only one Harpagophytum procumbens and they grow in Africa. It is a very common herbal remedy marketed as "Devil Claw" and is widely available. The ones we have here have tubular roots that are edible kinda like a turnip. The natives bake them like taters and eat them.

The common traditional local analgesic is yerba mansa or lizard tail. Anemopsis californica. It is commonly available in wetlands areas and works like a charm for aches and pains. You use the root bark and make tea. Lots of old timers here drink it daily in the morning like coffee. You can get it by the pound from the Isleta Tribe south of Albuquerque if you cant find any yourself. 

Edited by Bedrock Bob

On 7/20/2018 at 8:29 PM, middleforkminer2 said:

I'm still wondering if this would cause a person to test positive in a drug test.....

Urine drug tests are looking for the metabolite of THC not cannibis or even THC itself. The THC-COOH metabolite is going to stick around in your urine for quite a while.

IF the CBD oil has NO THC (I'm not sure that's even possible) AND the drug test is a urine test you should be fine. They don't test for CBD metabolites.

If that doesn't work out for you just tell them you read it on the internet. They will probably give you a free pass for being gullible. :idunno:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, clay said:

Urine drug tests are looking for the metabolite of THC not cannibis or even THC itself. The THC-COOH metabolite is going to stick around in your urine for quite a while.

IF the CBD oil has NO THC (I'm not sure that's even possible) AND the drug test is a urine test you should be fine. They don't test for CBD metabolites.

If that doesn't work out for you just tell them you read it on the internet. They will probably give you a free pass for being gullible. :idunno:

Actually I was kinda hoping it WOULD cause a positive result....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmmmmm 1

8 hours ago, homefire said:

Don't know what to say there Bob !  It works for me.  Placebo Effect ?  LOL    

Well this grows on our property.  https://arizonadailyindependent.com/2015/07/12/devils-claw-provides-food-fiber-and-medicine/

14 hours ago, homefire said:

And as you can plainly see by the taxonomic classification as well as from photos that the plant that grows in your back yard is not the medicinal "devils claw" that is used as an analgesic. The flowers, fruits and roots are completely different. Not even close. And if you read the data on these plants it is clear that there are two different species on two different continents. And if you read the wildcrafting discussions on these plants MANY people confuse our southwestern "devils claw" with the medicinal variety. It is a common mistake made by people who have not actually identified these plants but associated them based only on a regional slang name spoken in a language unique to them.

The good news is that you did not mistake this for a poisonous plant and eating the root will not hurt you. If you think it helps you then groovy. If a couple grams is good then bake 'em like taters and you will be doing handsprings.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1