Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chrisski

Not so Successful Webbing job on Chair

For those thinking of doing chair webbing, this is the result of sitting for four months in the sun.  I believe the chair webbing is made of Polypro.  Installed in Sunny, central AZ in March, and broke the same July.  The original canvas cloth cover lasted 10 years.  I got the idea off of redoing the old aluminum chairs, but this new webbing is not designed to last.  I understand the AZ sunshine destroys stuff, but should have been more than 4 months.  My advice, spend the extra few bucks and get the canvas replacement.

CAM00288.jpg

• Like 1

Dang...that blows. Synthetics definitely have a rough life in Arizona. :aw-shucks:

• Like 1

Nuts....Dad rewebbed our folding chair about 10 yrs ago and they are still good, but not sitting in the sun. Ive noticed a lot of parts rotting off of things I leave outside. Snake gator straps, my detecting bag.......ME!....Sun is brutal.

Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1

On 7/19/2018 at 6:18 PM, TomH said:

...Ive noticed a lot of parts rotting off of things I leave outside. Snake gator straps, my detecting bag...

Tom H.

Ditto here in FL, but mainly quickly on more recent purchases.. I put a new what appeared to be a really well constructed mid-size canvas day pack out on the covered and vinyl windowed back porch with all the rest of this kind of stuff.. I picked it up at an Army - Navy store, which was a mistake right there cos I don't believe there is anything left in those places any longer that's American made or actual military excess.. Anyhow, was unable to get out at all last year until December.. When I picked up that pack by the straps the pack ended up back on the couch.. The straps were fine and the pack was fine.. It is the material stitched to the pack used as guides and for keeping the straps in alignment that disintegrated; actually turned to dust in one year.. Unreal..

Swamp

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1