Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

November 2018 fall outing poll

November Outing Weekend Vote  

30 members have voted

1. 1. OK we are voting on the fall outing dates... simple as that.

• 2nd to 4th
    • 9th to 11th
    • 16th to 18th
    • 23rd to 25th

5 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

WOW Terry! You are coming to AZ? Been awhile. See you at the outing!:old:

Bought my ticket last night! Flying in on the 8th, and out on the 12th. Looking forward to seeing you Mike!! :thumbsupanim

• Like 2

Got my permit online, and I'm pretty much ready, and looking forward to seeing some old friends, meeting new ones, and learning some new tricks! Getting itchy in New York!

AZ State Land Permit zztop.jpg

• Like 4

I am the noobe and interested in this event, is there a place for info on what to bring and what to expect ?

OferAZ ... Expect a lot of fun! no really organized events as we are on State Trust Land ... we do have a pot luck supper Saturday night ... in the past starting approximately 4PM ... to which we ask you to contribute a side dish or desert. Bill S usually smokes a couple briskets and there is usually one or two others that do the same so the meat is covered. As for the rest of the time most will team up informally to travel out to the nearby gold fields. You can not hunt/prospect on the State Trust Land. My guess is we will offer a free group lesson/demonstration on the GM1000 and/or the Equinox 800 finding gold in the desert environment. What you bring is whatever you need to survive the 3 days(I suggest bringing more drinking water than you think you will drink!) ... camping gear, all other meals, prospecting gear, transportation(ATV, UTV etc) ... BTW you can walk a short distance to club claims(GPAA and Road Runner primarily) if you are a member. If you are new to prospecting or metal detecting in particular please feel free to ask us any and all questions ... there are NO dumb questions!

• Like 3

Thanks Mike, that’s what I was looking for.

• Like 1

OferAZ, ya can't go wrong attending one of these outing, thee is almost no way to leave the outing with out getting lots of good info and pointers not matter what machine you use.

So much fun, and some folks arrive early too, I plan on getting there in Thursday the 8th

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OferAZ said:

I am the noobe and interested in this event, is there a place for info on what to bring and what to expect ?

You will also need the Arizona State Lands Recreational permit to be on Arizona State Lands where the outing will be happening, it costs $15  for individual permit and $20 for a family permit and you can get it online and print it out yourself, they only accept Mastecard and Visa for online purchase.

These permits are good for one year.

https://land.az.gov/recreational-permit-portal.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Guess you just have to think like a bureaucrat to get through this BS ... Finally got what I needed at a time waste of hour + going through bunch of bureaucratic crap...sorry for my goof!  Hard to find online unless you google it. ...Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron