Nugget Shooter Forums

New Scooter for off roading

Well I got me a Scooter for off road riding when I take my little camper out...

Not fancy but will get me there.  Beats walking .

196CC ,pulls me good, even in soft sand.

scooter.jpg

• Like 7

Cool. So what do they cost? I saw a Coleman scooter the other day that is about the same except with front and rear racks and they run $499

about 500 new, I got mine for 250, used but in great shape.

Way to go azdigger. I spent years riding two Wheeler's out prospecting. I think your new scoot is the way to go. You dont need any more power than that. just enough to get you over that next hill. low profile, looks comfortable to ride too, nice wide seat. I love it. going to save you a lot of walking too.  :thumbsupanim

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Cool,

I always thought a Honda big wheel would be a fun way out in the desert prospecting machine.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

I tried to find a good used Honda Big Wheel but everyone that had one for sale was just WAY too proud of it...Best I could find was $3500 ... More than I want to pay for that machine.... Ricks little scooter looks cool and very functional! ... Cheers, Unc

I sold the scooter...I am not steady on 2 wheels anymore...got a Polaris Quad.....love it.

Had it at the outing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 11:23 AM, azdigger said:

scooter.jpg

Here's probably the ultimate 2WD scooter that can go almost anywhere a person can on foot.  I've lusted after one of these for years and I'd probably carry it in a front carrier on our small Class C motorhome for desert rockhounding and exploring.    It should be way superior to even an extreme Jeep:  https://www.rokon.com/

Edited by pnichols
  • 1 year later...

That looks great.  I love smaller bikes! I have a Honda Trail 90, the classic off-road scooter. It has a compound low gear that makes it a hill climbing goat too, even with just 90cc’s. My wife and I love scooting around together with it, and it’s light and narrow enough to load onto our receiver hitch with our small truck.

98C9BB02-D398-4833-800D-8ADA935EFCBF.jpeg
no- that’s not me,!it’s a original 1970’s ad... ;)

Edited by GotAU?
Updates
  • Like 1
On 7/4/2018 at 11:23 AM, azdigger said:

scooter.jpg

I really like that bike! Are you going to add a rack for the back and one in front as well for your gear? Also, due to my bad experiences with it, I suggest packing a pad or enlarging that kickstand foot for parking on soft dirt.  Have fun with that little sand hog! :)

I'd love one of those. Easy enough to load up in the P.U. and get me around quit well it would.  Think the Tractor Supply store here in town sell those from time to time.  I've looked them over a few times.  Not sure it's the same ones.   May just end up with one some day.   You did dang good on that price.

Edited by homefire