Nugget Shooter Forums

Idaho nuggetshooting

Since you mention the desert areas in Idaho I assume you are talking about southern Idaho. For nugget shooting, most guys I know are driving a few hours further south and hitting Nevada. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IDdesertman said:

Since you mention the desert areas in Idaho I assume you are talking about southern Idaho. For nugget shooting, most guys I know are driving a few hours further south and hitting Nevada. 

Wait. Theres gold here??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Perhaps if you could elaborate beyond "desert areas of Idaho" you will get a some better info from folks. That's a pretty big area and a tad vague. Trying to do any nuggetshooting south of the Snake River is going to be a wasted effort except for a few very select areas until you get down into NV. The link that Dakota Slim shared is from my website. Free info and a good start. 

• Like 3

There's gold all over Idaho.  Buy a few books specific to Idaho, and start researching online.  Idaho Geological Survey seems like a logical place to start (https://www.idahogeology.org/webmap).  From firsthand experience I can tell you that Owyhee County has nice gold, plus some beautiful remote and wild country.  I only used a sluice and gold pan there, but I suspect metal detecting might be good, too.

• Like 1

You bet. in the SW part you could try Silver City area but I've never seen much in the way of nugget-sized gold from that area. Not to say its not their but I haven't seen much detectable size gold. Venture south a few more hours and you'll be in nugget country. 

• Like 1