Nugget Shooter Forums

12.6 gram gold specimen

Sonny

Nice find!

Tom H.

oh yeah.   Now you have the have a key decision to make ... how you'll give her a golden shower.  Umm...  that came out wrong.   I guess what I am trying to say is are you going to do any more cleaning to that beauty?

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2018 at 9:37 PM, Sonny said:

Great feeling when you dig up a piece of gold after digging trash all day. The specimen weighs 12.68 grams. Specific gravity test shows around 3.62 grams of gold.

EE652326-294F-4571-AF0F-25D316B8009A.jpeg

Nice find. I'd like to know what formula you use to determine the weight of the gold.

10 hours ago, Andyy said:

oh yeah.   Now you have the have a key decision to make ... how you'll give her a golden shower.  Umm...  that came out wrong.   I guess what I am trying to say is are you going to do any more cleaning to that beauty?

10 hours ago, Andyy said:

Hi Andy I will have to try to clean the speciem and repost pics.

Boy oh boy, am I ever familiar with the "digging junk all day long" feeling.  But how sweet it is when Au suddenly appears in one's scoop!!  And how much sweeter it is when the Au is sizable like yours.  Congrats and thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Morlock said:

Nice find. I'd like to know what formula you use to determine the weight of the gold.

I like this one best.  You just have to know the weight of speci and then weigh it in water.  

http://www.desert-gold-diggers.org/gold/specgrav.htm 

• Like 1