Nugget Shooter Forums

Rye Patch ?

I have heard a lot about Rye Patch Nevada and now that we are retired the wife and i are thinking about taking a trip down there so i can do some detecting for nuggets? We have a 4x4 PU and small 18' camp trailer. Are there areas you can get to with a trailer and set up close to where you want to hunt. Is it even possible to get a trailer in there? Can anyone go and hunt? We are thinking about some time in May, weather in Oregon and over the passes permitting. Any chance some of you might be there and be willing to give a new comer some tips on nugget detecting. I have a Minelab GPX 4000, a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 and a Whites Gold Master V-sat. all of which i need a lot more experience with. Hope to see some of you there.

5 minutes ago, Morlock said:

You won't have any trouble getting around. Just make sure you have 10 extra spare tires.😊

2 spares are nice because if you only have one and you use it, you need to go get another right away. If you drive slow, you may not need any but don't count on it. 
There are LOTS of places to camp, and gold could be anywhere.  
I think there has been a lot of rain there recently. I'd want a road report before I went out there. 

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1

I wouldn't drive my travel trailer out that road, I would stay at Star Peak RV, with the trailer or stay at the lake campground and drive back and forth during the day with the 4x4. Some do take trailers out there but it will be hard on it. It is thick with claims out there so make sure you know where your detecting.

Edited by Mxt Sniper
  • Like 2

Odd sections are Railroad ground, which could have sold or been leased. Even sections are BLM and most likely have claims. Most of the railroad ground is huntable but check for obvious signs stating anything different. 

Thanks Slim. I guess i am going to have to get a map of the area and find out where section 19 is so i know i won't be on someones claim. One of the reasons i would like to get together with someone who knows the area.

I just put 4 New 10 ply tires on yesterday. And i will have at least 2 or 3 spares for the truck and 1 for the trailer.

Edited by Rebel73153