Nugget Shooter Forums
Relichunter2016

Vintage Goldwire Specimen Stickpin F/S

Offering an incredible example of wire gold made into a stickpin sometime between 1850's to late 1800's. Wiregold specimens rarely come this size these days....a great collectible piece for any collection. All reasonable offers will be considered....p.m. for more information. 

g6.jpg

g3.jpg

g5.jpg

• Like 3

I see you have an offer of 10 cents. I'll double that to $.20.  :ROFL: Really nice piece though.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

What is the weight, hard to figure an offer otherwise. 

Sorry, missed this one important detail, the total gold weight is 11 grams. The pin is gold and I would estimate the nugget at an easy 10 grams.

• Like 1

What's the history of this piece? Has it been in the family? Did you find it detecting? How do you know it was made in the 1800's?

It is really incredible! A bit more information about the history might make the sale more enticing for a collector.

• Like 1

This specimen was passed down to a friend of mine whose grandpa gave it to his father and so on.....that's  all I know. According to him one of his relatives did some prospecting back in the day.  What's amazing is the weight of this wire gold specimen, thankfully it survived, imagine what was melted down....:ROFL:

Edited by Relichunter2016
  • Like 1

I just watched this crystalline gold stick pin close on eBay for spot gold price which is a shame. I know someone from Mindat would be interested in it at a much higher price but they don't allow ads. Have you tried contacting a high end dealer like Kristalle? Maybe they would pay you a price that would satisfy you and give them an opportunity to make a little money as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morlock said:

I just watched this crystalline gold stick pin close on eBay for spot gold price which is a shame

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

It's up for sale again on Ebay and even a better deal yet!!

Edited by SanDomingoJim

3 hours ago, Morlock said:

I just watched this crystalline gold stick pin close on eBay for spot gold price which is a shame. I know someone from Mindat would be interested in it at a much higher price but they don't allow ads. Have you tried contacting a high end dealer like Kristalle? Maybe they would pay you a price that would satisfy you and give them an opportunity to make a little money as well.

Morlock it did not reach the reserve price..its still available....FleaBay Peeps want chit for nothing....not selling unless it's a fair deal. If you know of anyone whos interested give p.m. me. I called Kristalle about a year ago, just don't have time to drive down to Laguna..you would be hard pressed to find anything online like this one....it is a one of a kind piece...1/3 ounce of birds nest gold wire intricately wound together...

Edited by Relichunter2016
  • Like 1