Nugget Shooter Forums
Rebel73153

? for Bill S. or?

Bill, i watched the video of the seminar you and Kevin did on finding Gold with a detector. A lot of it was very interesting and informative, especially to someone new like me. I was wondering about the Setting the Tone part. All of the stuff you referred to was using headphones but the Minelab GPX 4000 i recently bought has some type of signal enhancer set up with an external speaker. I tried it the other day with headphones and it Will Not work right with them. Can't adjust the threshold or headphone volume. Are all enhancers for use with external speakers? I am enclosing pics of the one i have. Maybe you or someone else can tell me what kind it is as i can not find and markings on it at all. Can i do the Tone adjust sufficiently with the external speaker? Thanks for any and all info. 

IM002936.JPG

IM002937.JPG

IM002938.JPG

Wow that is an old one and the headphones should work fine plugged into the enhancer, if not it likely has an issue or wrong plug in on headphones to match output on enhancer. Some of the older model enhancers had a mono plugin for the headset if I remember correctly, but not sure on that as my memory is a bit foggy on that. Some headphone manufactures like Sunray and Detector Pro began making a switch on the headset to allow for use with Minelab PI or other detectors. All are stereo now..... I almost always use headphones as not to miss faint bumps in the threshold...

• Like 1

Thanks Bill. I bought a New set of Nugget Buster phones for it but they just won't work right. So you have No Idea what kind of enhancer it might be?

6 hours ago, Rebel73153 said:

So you have No Idea what kind of enhancer it might be?

Hi looks to be home made to me :4chsmu1:Mike C...:200:

Don't know, could be.  I think i am going to see about a DOC's Gold Screamer. Is there another good one?

27 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Hi looks to be home made to me :4chsmu1:Mike C...:200:

What he said :-) As long as it works :black_knight_standing:

9 hours ago, Rebel73153 said:

Are all enhancers for use with external speakers?

No, they can be used with headphones or external speakers.

Can i do the Tone adjust sufficiently with the external speaker

Tone adjustment and volume are two different things. The control on that device is a volume control.

Maybe you or someone else can tell me what kind it is

Sorry, no Idea of what model it is, but it does appear to be a signal enhancer/booster. Wheres your battery for the detector?

1 hour ago, Rebel73153 said:

I think i am going to see about a DOC's Gold Screamer. Is there another good one?

Get Doc`s Power pack / enhancer combo or whatever its called now.  It will be a life changing moment .  Just do it !

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

It uses a small 7.4 v battery that is in a pocket on the control box cover. And i think i am going to get a Doc's or B&Z enhancer.

If the detector works without the booster, then ditch the booster, and get out detecting

• Like 1

I don't have the stock battery to use with it so without the enhancer i have no place to plug in the headphones or speaker.

Edited by Rebel73153

13 hours ago, Rebel73153 said:

Don't know, could be.  I think i am going to see about a DOC's Gold Screamer. Is there another good one?

I have a Gold Screamer here for a GPX 4000 I would let go at a bargain price...

Bill, Will it work with the batteries i have now? 

Edited by Rebel73153

You wanna PM me a price or post it here?

Will have to look, but I think it is just the enhancer... Not at shop now.

Ok, let me know when you can. Thanks Bill

Bill, i was just looking at the set up i have and i don't think i can use the Gold Screamer with the batteries i have. Here is a pic of how mine is with the power cable to the detector coming out of the enhancer as well as the headphone but the battery plugs into the enhancer with a special power cord. What ya think?

IM002940.JPG

And what is the difference between the Doc's Gold Screamer signal enhancer and The Gold Screamer Power Pak? Only pics i could find of both of them was on e-bay.

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

Edited by Rebel73153

1 hour ago, Rebel73153 said:

what is the difference between the Doc's Gold Screamer signal enhancer and The Gold Screamer Power Pak

The gold screamer is the amplifier only. The gold screamer power pack comes with a battery pack plus the gold screamer built in. This is exactly why I mentioned getting the Power Pack, and get rid of all that other crap. Its the best way to go with that machine.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Adam.

2 hours ago, Rebel73153 said:

Bill, i was just looking at the set up i have and i don't think i can use the Gold Screamer with the batteries i have. Here is a pic of how mine is with the power cable to the detector coming out of the enhancer as well as the headphone but the battery plugs into the enhancer with a special power cord. What ya think?

IM002940.JPG

Is that the only battery setup you have for the 4000 ?If it is you'll either have to use that one or buy a whole new battery setup like the one Doc sells or the stock minelab battery with the curly cord but if you buy the stock battery you'll need a amp as well since you have the 4000 and thats what you want as well-Its only money :4chsmu1:Mike C...:200: PS I have a stock lithium battery with chargers and curly cord I might sell if your interested-PM me for more details

Yes what I have is the amp only as Adam said.....

Ok, so it wouldn't work for me then? Thanks anyway

• Like 1