Nugget Shooter Forums

Buyer Beware

I wrote to Oldprospector1948 twice and he responded twice, saying:

Oldprospector1948

Thank you for your message but your coming off the wrong way about my post.I don't go around saying about other people rocks and you have no reason saying any thing about mine.I am not saying to upset you so lets just stop here.
Thank You and have a nice day.

Billpeters

It is still not a meteorite. Your are deceiving people and taking their money for a false rock. Go to any college geology department or any rock club in your area and show them you rock. If you are honest you won't want to deceive people and take their money. I couldn't do that. It is up to you

ldprospector1948

I am the most honest person you will ever meet. I recently helped in finding a meteorite bed strewn across a large area in the Lost Basin not far from the Gold Basin area in Northern Az. Many of these types of specimens found have material that has been proven otherwise. This particular one that you are finding fault with maybe what you say but this find has many different types. Did you read my details about the find? "On earth, the most common form of silicone dioxide is quartz. But, in planetary dust, meteorites and lunar rock, the mineral predominantly has a different structure, known as cristobalite comes mixed with yet another form of silica mineral called seifertite" July 4, 2017. So, what you see is not what you think, as new information about meteorites are always being researched & found!" I try to study as much about planatary rocks as possible and keep up with any new discoveries.
But with that in mind, if this bothers YOU that much, I'll remove this item too make you happy, I'm not out to make money on my find but to share it with others. Have a nice day!

billpeters

I then thanked him for removing the listing.

Cheers!

billpeters

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yes he wrote me as well on FB and I told him this, nothing against the feller, but saying you have a meteorite does not make it so.

Hello Bill.I see you have a show called nugget shooter and it's where I had saw my post on ebay about my meteorite.and now some one has posted another message on there about my nephews meteorite.I though nugget shooter was about Gold not meteorites.so could U please ask them not to go on ebay and find things we post then post them on your site.
??? I have no show and have no control over what others post. I have been hunting meteorites for 20 years as well as gold and have a discovery called Trilby Wash registered and classified. Posting specimens for sale on eBay or anywhere without the proper classification credentials from the Meteorological Society is simply wrong to do without an expert Identification. That is where your trouble lies and why people are calling you out....
  • Like 5

Had a nice talk with him and he fully understands the importance of getting a legitimate classification. Nice Guy and he is always learning like the rest of us :old: The man has been finding gold for 30 years he says and that is more than me. I didn't know a dang thing about meteorites until John Blennert was kind enough to educate me and darned if I didnt get over a new find https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=35339 Cut this fellow some slack and remember when you first tried to understand meteorite hunting.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 5:04 PM, Nugget Shooter said:

Yes he wrote me as well on FB and I told him this, nothing against the feller, but saying you have a meteorite does not make it so.

Hello Bill.I see you have a show called nugget shooter and it's where I had saw my post on ebay about my meteorite.and now some one has posted another message on there about my nephews meteorite.I though nugget shooter was about Gold not meteorites.so could U please ask them not to go on ebay and find things we post then post them on your site.
??? I have no show and have no control over what others post. I have been hunting meteorites for 20 years as well as gold and have a discovery called Trilby Wash registered and classified. Posting specimens for sale on eBay or anywhere without the proper classification credentials from the Meteorological Society is simply wrong to do without an expert Identification. That is where your trouble lies and why people are calling you out....

I wish the Meteorlogical Society cared more about extraterrestrial rock, I'd still be an associate. 

Logical, litical.....meteor vs meteorite, am I being too litigious?

Edited by Edge