Nugget Shooter Forums

Any deals on a used GBII available?

dusty_nolan

There's a couple on eBay but don't expect to find a bargain anywhere. In spite of all the new gold detectors coming onto the market, the Gold Bug 2 is still one of the best... even after all these years. 

• Like 3

On 3/24/2018 at 10:41 AM, Morlock said:

There's a couple on eBay but don't expect to find a bargain anywhere. In spite of all the new gold detectors coming onto the market, the Gold Bug 2 is still one of the best... even after all these years. 

Yea I'm seeing that lol I hoping to win one on ebay. The prices are still pretty high for a used one so they definitely must be worth owning. Im thinking I probably shouldn't have passed up one for $500 last week an it had 2 coils, headphones plus original box looked barely used I have found a few in the low $400 range but they unfortunately wasnt willing to ship.....Yea didn't think they ran that high used....You live an you learn I suppose guess I'll just keep shopping around maybe I can find a steal before all the snow melts here.

• Like 1

I really like my vlf Tesoro Lobo. I'm pretty sure the mhz are similar to the gold bug. I've seen them used for as little as $400. Might read up on them and compare. Bought mine new and it has a lifetime warranty.

28 minutes ago, Jack H said:

I really like my vlf Tesoro Lobo. I'm pretty sure the mhz are similar to the gold bug. 

Actually it's much higher on the Gold Bug 2 which is why it's unbeatable for small gold.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jack H said:

I really like my vlf Tesoro Lobo. I'm pretty sure the mhz are similar to the gold bug. I've seen them used for as little as $400. Might read up on them and compare. Bought mine new and it has a lifetime warranty.

Tesoro Lobo Super TRAQ operates at 17.5 kHz

Gold Bug II operates at 71 kHz

Very much different in frequency, hince as said why the Gold Bug II is HOT on gold!

11 minutes ago, Jack H said:

Looks like we nearly posted at the same time. I did look it up after the fact. I’ll apologize for giving out bad info and try to stick to getting advice vs giving it.  

Yes very close, I saw your post right after I posted, BUT by no means don't stop giving advice if you think you can help, if by chance you make a mistake someone will add the correct info, we are all here to help educate, that's why Bill started Nuggetshooter!!!

• Like 1

I appreciate the courtesy. Thank you. Can you pm me a link to the rules? Or simply post here or in my introduction? I've read the "read this first" and cant find the rules anywhere. Not sure what I'm missing. I've been on boards for 15 years, so I have a basic understanding of etiquette. I'd like to read this boards rules so I don't get myself canned. I'd like to make some new friends. Thanks again.

• Like 2

Bought my GB2 brand new in 1994 and used it heavily for all these 24+  years...I would never sell it, even though I have several MLs and Whites ...A GB2 is unique among detectors ... Anyone that sees any kind of deal on one better jump on it!  Just my 2 cents...Cheers, Unc

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, GeoJack said:

Thanks for the post GeoJack but that was for a Gold Bug Pro rather than the Gold Bug II. But I appreciate the effort. I might have a deal coming up soonif the guy hopefully gsts back to me like he says we will see soon I suppose!