Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nugget Shooter

Mighty Fine Nugget Hunting Weather

I just may take the 3500 out for a spin this afternoon, man is it nice out. Hope some of you will be hitting the goldfields this week as well....

Good Hunting!

• Like 4

Gee Bill, 32 here and 18 to 24's of snow just starting. Its going to put a damper on any detecting....:4chsmu1:

Edited by Cooper
  • Sad 1

Lucky guy you are Bill. Have fun and enjoy the weather. 

• Like 1

Yeah, hurry up Bill....   :4chsmu1:

Looking forward to seeing what you'll turn up with that modded 3500.

Good Luck !!

Luke

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill Southern said:

I just may take the 3500 out for a spin this afternoon, man is it nice out. Hope some of you will be hitting the goldfields this week as well....

Good Hunting!

This week?????  Well, I was out Monday :200:, and it was nice then too,..........ya know, one of those [ 2 is > "0" ] days. :4chsmu1:  And I can attest-to the fact that the GPZ-7000 will get birdshot-sized nuggets, even down deep in bedrock cracks.   Gary

• Like 1

Yeah brag away Gary :D I still have to work at property management weekdays...... Can only get out for a days worth Friday to Monday :arrowheadsmiley:

1 hour ago, Bill Southern said:

Yeah brag away Gary :D I still have to work at property management weekdays...... Can only get out for a days worth Friday to Monday :arrowheadsmiley:

Well :cry2:, ....get Retired,...you young Whipper-Snapper.....  Actually, I only got out one day this week..(so far).  Retirement does have it's benefits.  Hey, I like your new metal detecting avatar-dude,.. reminds me of:,......Me;  only the hole isn't deep enough , and the accompanying pile isn't high enough. :tisk-tisk: Gary

006.JPG

• Like 3
  • well done 2

10 hours ago, LowPoint said:

Well :cry2:, ....get Retired,...you young Whipper-Snapper.....  Actually, I only got out one day this week..(so far).  Retirement does have it's benefits.  Hey, I like your new metal detecting avatar-dude,.. reminds me of:,......Me;  only the hole isn't deep enough , and the accompanying pile isn't high enough. :tisk-tisk: Gary

Here's a picture of LowPoint on his last outing

SandHoleDanger.jpg

Edited by Cooper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Cooper said:

Looks like he dug until he come up on the south China beach...wish I had that much energy  :4chsmu1:.  

• Like 3

Bill ... Things work out for me and I may be down to lSD Saturday for a nugget fix. We'll see but looking good for it to happen. May be the last time before leaving for Tennessee end of next week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cooper said:

SandHoleDanger.jpg

"Hey" , you are right-on there,.....That's what I looked like today,.......my other hand had these in it....only dinks, but .77 of-a-gram is better than nothing.  :yesss: Gary

000_0436.JPG

• Like 2
  • well done 3

Very Nice...  Good to know its still out there..

Yep there is still lots of gold out there and ya just have to be willing to do the research. Tammy and I are going out this morning to give a new spot a try and the interesting thing is the area worked by the old timers we came across is in materials that would normally not get much attention. But there they were drywashing piles hidden in the small valley and up one hillside and in material that geologically should not hold gold, but our old friend erosion has washed almost all of the gold bearing material off over millions of years leaving nuggets and fines trapped in the rough rock underneath. Something about this spot just caught my eye because there were bits of quartz and hematite as well as metamorphic rock here and there that would indicate possible gold. .

Got a couple dinks out of the piles last time and perhaps a nugget or two still waits.

• Like 3
  • well done 1