Nugget Shooter Forums

Any Trips Planned for San Domingo Wash This Spring?

4meter

I was wondering if any of you or the clubs were planning a trip to the above wash this Spring?  I an interested in inspect the Lithium prospects of the area and would like to go with folks that know the area.   I would be staying over a weekend before returning to Tucson.  If you could let me know of any field trips planned I would appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious about your interest in Lithium.  Every other mineral I look at recovering is not economical.  Occasionally found what I thought was a uranium ore, and was excited about that, but it needs to be processed in huge quantities.  Found some veins of copper ore which I was excited about and that is not economical for the same huge quantities needed.  I'm thinking of extracting the copper from the green ore with home made copper.  Even with silver, I'd need pounds per ton to make it economical.

One story of the remnants of the old mill along the San Domingo are on private land and are supposed to be part of lithium prospects.  It's really the only structure a few miles upcreek from the Windmill past the barbed wire entrance.

Edited by chrisski

1 hour ago, chrisski said:

Just curious about your interest in Lithium.  Every other mineral I look at recovering is not economical.  Occasionally found what I thought was a uranium ore, and was excited about that, but it needs to be processed in huge quantities.  Found some veins of copper ore which I was excited about and that is not economical for the same huge quantities needed.  I'm thinking of extracting the copper from the green ore with home made copper.  Even with silver, I'd need pounds per ton to make it economical.

One story of the remnants of the old mill along the San Domingo are on private land and are supposed to be part of lithium prospects.  It's really the only structure a few miles upcreek from the Windmill past the barbed wire entrance.

I think your best bet would be to look for mineral specimens.. either from the dumps or fresh from the veins, vugs, etc. They can bring in big bucks with little expenditure.

I don't see much hope of someone trying to mine a small non-gold deposit economically.

I heard a rumour years ago about a three foot long beryl crystal found in the San Domingo area which sold for $50,000. That's something I would shoot for as opposed to mining a deposit.

Florescent minerals are often overlooked so that's another possibility. Arizona has lots of locations for those along with the opportunity to discover a new one.

I agree I used to hunt tourmaline's down south in Baja with a florescent light at night and there are several types of that can be found out at LSD.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1