Nugget Shooter Forums

Bill Southern had the GB-2 then he got a Gold Monster.....He sold the GB-2...........lots of others will add their thoughts I am sure.

• Like 1

The Gold Monster 1000 will out do the GB2 on both large and small targets on depth and will hear bits of gold smaller than I ever got with my Trusty GB2. There is no threshold to listen to and very easy to use. It would be a good upgrade in my opinion. Make sure you buy from someone willing to do some training as the micro processor takes a little learning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My buddy Jeff went out three times and got a piece each time....albeit they were very small....if I wanted a dedicated vlf gold hunter the Monster is the one...however, the gb2 is a worthy contender...

remember 480 GRAINS to a troy OZ

that means if you find 1/10 GRAIN bits you will need 4800 to get to an OZ...that is a lot of bits and pieces!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The GPZ 7000.  Oh dang it.. wrong thread.

I don't think you can go wrong with either GB2 or GM1000.  They are both awesome when used in knowledgeable hands.  I have a GM1000 to complement my GPZ and I only chose the GM over the GB2 because it can handle the ground a little better in some places.  Otherwise, it was a toss up.

• Like 2

You can find "fly poo" size gold with either machine. The're both quality detectors for sure. It just depends on your patience as far as learning it thoroughly. Some here can make the Goldbug II do magic,  but they have also put it their time learning to master it. For the novice,  the Gold Monster has the advantage, much shorter learning curve. I like both machines but at this time I'm partial to the Monster...just sayin'    :4chsmu1:

• Like 5

Hi Mike.  Here's a thought to consider: You already have a GB2 and you have been finding gold with it.  I'd say keep it in the family.  Then, if you get a GM, use one detector with the small coil and maybe Ashton the other with the large coil.  Trade off between yourselves from time to time.  Work as a team.  Learn how to maximize your recoveries by utilizing the best features of both.  However, be prepared to modify the GM to accommodate a decent pair of headphones that have a curly cord.  The pathetic stock GM headphones with just a bare wire will drive you crazy.  Best of luck down the road!!

• Like 2