Nugget Shooter Forums

"SECLUDED AND TUCKED AWAY" - "A DO "AGAIN""

LowPoint

Headed back down to my new spot on a very nice sunny day today, and managed to snag these little surprises.  I was surprised to see that who ever (how ever many years ago) worked this wash had grabbed the easy and largest nuggets, but overlooked those up against the bank!!?!  I worked just the inside bend up against the existing bank, which in spots was about 2 ft. higher than the lowest point of the bedrock in the wash (which they had cleaned out very well).  I picked away and shoveled-off the rocks, and dirt that covered the bedrock that was extending up into the bank.  They (whoever they where??) had piled all the overburden up on the (steep) bank on the inside bend :nutty: instead of stacking it on the other bank, which was much lower, and actually had more room to pile stuff on.  Strange, considering I was cutting almost a foot (at times) up into the bank following the bedrock, and finding a nugget or two in cracks.  I found the flattest nugget in the photo almost 3-foot higher up on the bank wedged tightly in decomposed bedrock.   I managed to uncover 8 nuggets today (those around the dime).  The lower 4 are from the same wash the I found on Tuesday.  Total weight of the 8 nuggets was 1.53 grams.  So I am walking with 12 nuggets at 3.01 grams total.  It was really "FUN" finding that many nuggets in one day,....Got the first four before lunch,....YAHOO.  Gary   

100_2970.JPG

• Like 10
  • well done 2

Man.....   this raincheck I'm holding here is losing value fast !!   :4chsmu1:

Very nice gold Gary.  Hopefully you'll be able to put another 3 grams in your pocket next week.

Just make sure you stay on your side of the hill....   :arrowheadsmiley:

Luke :D

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Man.....   this raincheck I'm holding here is losing value fast !!   :4chsmu1:

Very nice gold Gary.  Hopefully you'll be able to put another 3 grams in your pocket next week.

Just make sure you stay on your side of the hill....   :arrowheadsmiley:

Luke :D

"Hey,"...you have "bailed-on-me" twice now :grr01:....When Opportunity knocks, time and Gold wait on no man.  Besides, I think my side of the hill is cleaned out now:ROFL:, and I like the looks of your gold, ...so ....I'm going to catch up with ya on your side :4chsmu1:

I think your side needs my Z-7000 to go a bit deeper than your GPX-5000, and my new spot (with much-exposed bedrock) is the ideal wash for your 2300,... and we can go on a digging-spree to get the rest...

Gary :brows:

• Like 2

Awesome, and how you found them encourages me because that's how we've been finding gold lately too. Those areas that have been hit 'hard' in the 90's and early 00's are beginning to produce through working a little harder than those that came through there, at top speed, straight down the middle of the wash, before us! 

• Like 1

Well Thanks for the positive response.    I might also mention that many (even today) write a wash or area off as being worked-out as soon as the easy and big gold has been gotten and/or after returning over and over again and then going home empty handed each time.  Of course they are most likely approaching the area with the same mind-set, and working that area in the same old (mechanical) routine-method(s).  What many (in my opinion) don't realize is that each and every wash that has a given amount of gold is "different", and should be looked-at that way.  Each wash or given area "uniquely"-disperses that given amount of gold based on various-unique-controlling-factors in that area.  And that wash right over the hill (from the one you are in right now)  is also different, and has different determining factors, even though both at  in the same area.  So "those" (prospectors) who are unaware-of, or, are not able-to determine or ascertain that uniqueness in that particular wash (or area), and continue with their old routine methods will walk away with the same negative results.  That's why I enjoy finding new ground, and/or welcome-going-to someone else's "worked-to-death-area" (their reasoning, not mine).  Sometimes "they can't see the forest, due-to-the-trees" sort o speak.  I think that each wash should be looked-at as an ongoing learning process, and when one method of approach doesn't work for us any more, it's time to use our reasoning mind to attempt to figure-out what those controlling factors of that particular wash are.  At least that's what I attempt to do............:yesss::4chsmu1:................    Gary        

• Like 2