Nugget Shooter Forums

Check out this Fossil

Hey everyone. I am loving this forum. Everyone is so knowledgeable here. I want to thank everyone for the info so far.

Anyway i just wanted to share this shell fossil i found years ago in the Red Deer River. I dont know what kind of shell it is but its pretty cool. I actually almost tossed it in the river but stopped my self mid throw to look at it. I realized it was a fossil and put it in my pocket rather than throwing it lol. Anyway here it is. I hope you all like it.

EF021680-5733-4C42-B6B4-D7A54651E9C1_zps

88DC8786-56A6-4D61-AF27-49ED66DA3912_zps

F0EE642F-E675-4BF4-8831-6781313AE16D_zps

7E0B805D-F6E4-4175-914A-37D569045725_zps

• Like 1

Mind blowing to think how old those fossils can be! During different geological periods vast inland seas covered large portions of the US reaching up into Canada. May want to check out a site called Paleoworld as it shows how the continents shifted and formed thru time to what we know today :>}

14 hours ago, Rocky said:

Hey that's really cool man!! Nice photos too. Shell fish old.

Also called a claim or Bivalve; most likely Cretaceous periods since Red Deer River is well know for fossils from the Cretaceous period; think Dinosaur Provincial Park.  Nice find!

• Like 1