Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold display


nugget108

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,  hope your all getting out and enjoying the weather. Last weekend when we got back from detecting, i built the boys a display case for the speci gold they found last summer. It turned out pretty cool and they are happy with it. Also is a pic of the Shield nickel i found last weekend. Its a 1875 in pretty good shape. Cameron found 2 more silver spoon also. Other than that, not a huge find weekend but fun. Take care everyone. 

Dan

20180210_102500.jpg

20180210_102712.jpg

20180203_155417.jpg

20180203_155408.jpg

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very Nice finds Dan and I love the display too. I see you've been busy up there. :yesss:

AzNuggetBob

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steve, actually the species were found in a different part of the state on a friends claim. He has a bunch of high grade piles that never got ran back in the day. So we go down and detect them with the GB2s. The boys have a blast going down there. The coin on the other hand was found at our spot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Very Nice finds Dan and I love the display too. I see you've been busy up there. :yesss:

AzNuggetBob

Bob, unfortunately not as busy as we want to be lol. Seems like the weather turns to crud on the weekends lately. Been pretty cold. Soon though i hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pic doesn't really show the gold content or the clusters of gold. For those of you that didnt see last years pics after we found them, here is what they look like. Thats why i made them the case because some of them are fragile. 

20170330_125948.jpg

20170330_133056.jpg

20170330_215243.jpg

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice nugget! Great job on the display. Glad you guys are getting out together for some quality time. I hear about kids my daughter goes to school with that have never hiked, ridden bikes or played sports. Just screen time on tablets and TV's with little outdoor activity, feel bad for them. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Very nice nugget! Great job on the display. Glad you guys are getting out together for some quality time. I hear about kids my daughter goes to school with that have never hiked, ridden bikes or played sports. Just screen time on tablets and TV's with little outdoor activity, feel bad for them. 

Very true. My kids have friends that are the same way. Never been out of the house and into the hills. I feel bad for them also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dan, I hope some of us PCSC members who will be displaying our goodies at the upcoming Gem & Mineral Show in Torrance first weekend of March can offer up such a nicely crafted display as what you have shared with us.  Thanks for the inspiration!  And, YES, greater opportunities for youngsters to explore the natural world are sorely lacking (or simply not successfully promoted).

Edited by Micro Nugget
missing word.
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love to see that species gold, Dan.  Your display is rock'n!  Keep at it with the gold finds!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Micro Nugget said:

Dan, I hope some of us PCSC members who will be displaying our goodies at the upcoming Gem & Mineral Show in Torrance first weekend of March can offer up such a nicely crafted display as what you have shared with us.  Thanks for the inspiration!  And, YES, greater opportunities for youngsters to explore the natural world are sorely lacking (or simply not successfully promoted).

WOW thank you Micro, i appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andyy said:

I love to see that species gold, Dan.  Your display is rock'n!  Keep at it with the gold finds!

Thanks Andy, hopefully i HAVE to build more soon due to lack of storage for all of the specimens we are going to find haha. Take care.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is a great looking display!! Congrats on the shield nickel. Its always nice finding an old coin. Don't try any fancy cleaning on it cause it will ruin it. At the most use a toothpick to clean the dirt which will leave a lot of the patina. Just my thoughts on it.

Cheers!!

Mike

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...