Nugget Shooter Forums

Incredible gold mining video from my old partner

Uncle Ron

Yo All... This is a near 40 minute long video my old partner, Glenn, did ... It's long, but watch it and you'll know about the real deal of gold mining... He started the Sterling Creek Mine right after our Double Eagle Mine got thrashed ... He's done well...Watch and learn : 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great video Ron. there is a lot to be learned in this too. When I was hunting up some patches. there were some that I was confident where deep, out of detector range. so I started up some partnerships and we brought in some bigger equipment. When we did some of the Az. projects we did something very similar to what your old partner is talking about in the video. We scraped off the surface layer to the sides into piles first. then we piled up the overburden behind it. we had $10,000+ reclamation bonds with the BLM and we were trying to recoup them after we were done and when we were done mining it and we came up with this plan to not leave a huge scare on the land. we pushed the overburden/boulders back in first and then pushed the piled surface soil with plant matter, seeds,cactus etc. back on top of that. flattened and contoured it. then shallow ripped it with the D-9 cross-grained against the flow lines to stop runoff rutting. It grew back within six months. the BLM loved it. you couldnt hardly tell we mined it. the BLM said they where considering making it standard for their reclamation regs.
AzNuggetBob

Well, that would never make it on discovery channel! :) Wheres the drama?

Very good vid. showing it from start to finish.
One question, if you know the answer....at 36:29 there is a tumbler. I have one just like it and was thinking of taking my black sand from drywashing and other things (i know it has fine gold in it) and putting it in the tumbler with mercury then retorting it down the road. Is this was they were doing?
Tks

Tom H.

• Like 1

Tom you better have a closed system ((water tight). Sorry Just thought I'd throw in a little drama. AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Haha 1

Yo Tom...Yes, that's what we did...we had 3-ball mini-mill that we would grind material with mercury and then retort it...Nasty job but it worked very well...As far as drama, stuff going on there on the mine was plenty dramatic...Glenn had a partner who was young blonde and hot and who refused to keep her clothes on...I have some very interesting pictures of his Sterling operation! .... Cheers, Unc

On 2/7/2018 at 6:44 AM, TomH said:

Well, that would never make it on discovery channel! :) Wheres the drama?

Very good vid. showing it from start to finish.
One question, if you know the answer....at 36:29 there is a tumbler. I have one just like it and was thinking of taking my black sand from drywashing and other things (i know it has fine gold in it) and putting it in the tumbler with mercury then retorting it down the road. Is this was they were doing?
Tks

Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3