Nugget Shooter Forums

Not gold but as far as relics go.
Here is a photo when I was swap meeting/selling some of my finds. note the miners candle holders on the right in the photo. the pointed ends where pounded into mine shaft rock cracks or timbers to support a candle for light in the mine. If you ever find one of these hang onto it. they are hand forged of iron or brass and they are not trash. they are very collectable and will never go down in value. many where marked on the side with the mine name on it. That makes them even more collectible. Ive sold them from hundreds of dollars to over a thousand. Just because its a little rusty doesn't mean its trash.
AzNuggetBobnew p 004.JPG

• Like 6

Nice pic Bob. We have yet to find a whole candle holder. They are always friggen broke when we pull them out lol. I think we have a pretty good chance at finding one here that is whole. 

Dan

• Like 2

Great photo Bob!!

You have shared lots and lots of info on research, signs and geology to look for when out prospecting for gold and rusty gold....BUT you have NEVER shared your greatest resource :brows:...your CRYSTAL BALLS :idunno:...are they for sale???  :4chsmu1:

• Like 2

Dan I don't recommend hunting mine shafts without at least some experience and some safety equipment in them but that's where Ive found the best ones for free.

AzNuggetBob

AU Seeker If your referring to those blue glass balls on the table. My Neighbor asked me to sell those for her, They are Chinese hand blown fishing net glass balls. I was surprised when she told me what she wanted for them, They sold. AzNuggetBob

I found this candle holder laying right out in the open amongst some boulders a few months ago.  There had been a massive forest fire outside Mayer and Dewey (south of Prescott Valley), which had completely cleared the rolling hills of the "thick" scrub oak and manzanita brush (which "had"-choked the entire area).  It had been so thick that you couldn't even walk thru it without getting scratched up.  There is no writing on it, but I still think it's a pretty cool find, and is in perfect condition (the pointy-ends are still sharp).  Gary

002.JPG

• Like 3

I used to rarely find those washed up blue glass ball fishing buoys on the beach in Japan in the 80's.  I still have a few.  The big one's held the nets up, and they were connected by a series of smaller blue glass rods that were capped to tie the fishing nets to.  I still have a few of them.  Packed in a boxes I've never opened after many moves.

• Like 1

My dad and I got a tour last year from a guy who started reworking an old mine in Idaho. He showed me lots of relics including several old candle holders they found when they were exploring the old tunnels. Some even had wax still in them. Very neat and I agree some are quite valuable. 

• Like 2
On 1/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, LowPoint said:

I found this candle holder laying right out in the open amongst some boulders a few months ago.  There had been a massive forest fire outside Mayer and Dewey (south of Prescott Valley), which had completely cleared the rolling hills of the "thick" scrub oak and manzanita brush (which "had"-choked the entire area).  It had been so thick that you couldn't even walk thru it without getting scratched up.  There is no writing on it, but I still think it's a pretty cool find, and is in perfect condition (the pointy-ends are still sharp).  Gary

002.JPG

Very nice find LowPoint
I've been finding these for years and never seen one exactly like yours.
Looks like its in great condition too. It's a keeper for sure.
AzNuggetBob