Nugget Shooter Forums

Another golden day in them thar hills

Rod

My good friend Las and I headed out early to see if we could talk some nuggets out of the ground. We decided to hunt a wash that was not too remote but one where we had both found some great gold in the past. We’ve pounded but not yet “finished” this wash so there was some opportunity left.

Crawling through some thick brush I trashed the headphone cord on my GPZ headphones. Easy enough to fix and having the WM12 wireless external speaker saved me time from a mile and a half hike back to the quads to grab the backup pair. Thanks Minelab :thumbsupanim

I ended up with 3.1 grams for the day and my friend got a couple of nice quartz species with his Gold Bug :black_knight_standing: I decided to use the Ground Smoothing option of Locate Patch on this wash (used the default Off previously) and these signals really stood out. Don’t have any pics of his finds but do have a pic of him with one in the scoop. Here pics are of my nugs in-situ. Both found on a inside bend bench. 9.2 grams for my week so far and now the weekend is here - hmmm :) :head:

First nugget in-situ

2k.jpg

Second nugget in-situ

2j.jpg

Good friend scores a specie on the flats

2f.jpg

Dang headphone cord

2a.jpg

Bird's nest

2c.jpg

• Like 6

Sweet! you are on it:) Get some more :yesss:

Tom H.

• Like 1

Like seeing the gold.  Please keep the posts coming.

I've replaced a few of those headphone jacks and they last and its fairly easy.  I recently tried to repair some smaller 3.5mm three pole jacks, but I couldn't do it with the equipment I had.

• Like 2

Nice gold, Rod.  I always get too excited to catch the nuggets in-sitsu.   Also, I typically run without the Locate Patch smoothing.  Were you able to test between the two to see if you noticed a difference?  Just curious if any of the software upgrades actually improve signal response.  I haven't noticed any improvements so I just use the old settings.

Andy

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Andyy said:

Nice gold, Rod.  I always get too excited to catch the nuggets in-sitsu.   Also, I typically run without the Locate Patch smoothing.  Were you able to test between the two to see if you noticed a difference?  Just curious if any of the software upgrades actually improve signal response.  I haven't noticed any improvements so I just use the old settings.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Not really sure if Locate Patch improves signal response. What is does do is eliminate ground noise by "smoothing" it out. On this hunt the threshold was amazingly "perfect". Kind of like a Gibson Les Paul :head: The lack of ground noise is really what I believe made the signals stand out and I had swung over this area in "Off" a few times previously. I've been finding a lot of gold with the Z (more than I post) and still feel like there is a lot more yet I have to learn about it :black_knight_standing:

• Like 3

You are very efficient at this.  Thanks for posting.

I manage to go through a lot of headphones.  I've saved on it recently by putting the WM10 or WM12 on the back of my cap and then attaching the headphones.  The extra cord is wrapped around the remote and all of that is a long way from the coil until I bend over and start pinpointing a nugget.

You've posted more gold so you are in your season.  Get'm while it's still cold.

Mitchel