Nugget Shooter Forums

So thinking of Getting a Printer are you ?

homefire

So ya need a Printer do ya ?
Not the Canon Pixima TS3100 series - I purchased one two mounts ago . Third time using the scanner the the scanner would not light up any more. Took it back to Walmart I did. Gave me a new one they did. Three weeks later Tried to use it a third time to scan a document. Scanner would not light up. Yep took that one back I did . Walmart game me a New one they did. Trying to set this THIRD Canon up only to find the Wireless Network on the thing would not turn on. Took it back to Walmart I did. This time got the Equivalent HP printer. Lets see how long this one last, eaa?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got a nice HP printer, yeap got it at Wal-mart, had it a bit over 2 years, only use it about 3 to 4 times a year give or take, it's bascally still brand new, especially if it wasn't over 2 years old :89: ,tried to print a receipt a couple of weeks ago, hadn't printed anything in about 3 or 4 months prior, clicked on print, out comes a more or less blank page other than a little red line at the top and a few very faint letters. checked the black ink level and it's at 3/4 full, ran it through it cleaning process, same result trying to print!:2mo5pow:

Since I been trying to decide if I should spend $20 for a new black ink cartridge and hope it works or buy another printer, heck some can be bought for almost the cost of both ink cartridges that are in a new printer, such a tough decision. :idunno:

Yep, they make the money on the ink.  I refill for about 1/5th the cost.  The stupid printers only cost like $49.00 but you would expect them to work more the a few times, eaa?

Give your cartridge a rub with Alcohol.  It may have just dried up and crusted. 

• well done 1

11 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

I got a nice HP printer, yeap got it at Wal-mart, had it a bit over 2 years, only use it about 3 to 4 times a year give or take, it's bascally still brand new, especially if it wasn't over 2 years old :89: ,tried to print a receipt a couple of weeks ago, hadn't printed anything in about 3 or 4 months prior, clicked on print, out comes a more or less blank page other than a little red line at the top and a few very faint letters. checked the black ink level and it's at 3/4 full, ran it through it cleaning process, same result trying to print!:2mo5pow:

Since I been trying to decide if I should spend $20 for a new black ink cartridge and hope it works or buy another printer, heck some can be bought for almost the cost of both ink cartridges that are in a new printer, such a tough decision. :idunno:

Being a printer tech for 39 yrs, well started with typewriters, i finally have some knowledge for the forums here, cause just learning about this gold stuff.  AU, any inkjet printer if you let it sit clogs up. The ink will dry in the nozzles. Inkjet printers need to be run every week or so to keep the ink flowing.  Sometimes cleanings, maybe several, will work but, if not, new printhead or if the head is built into the ink, like many HP's, new cartridge needed.

Unfortunately, manufactures nowadays sell many printers cheap because like homefire said, they make the money on ink, this is true. Printers just aren't lasting like they used to.  Cooper 

Edited by Cooper
spelling
  • Like 1

Like Lap Tops most all are made in China, most likely in the same building just different assembly lines.  Every Lap Top on the Market uses off the shelf components .  I've replaced Toshiba Lap top Screens (LCD) with the same product from a Dell a Compact and even a ACER.  If you want to order the parts they all carry different part numbers as per Maker Names but the Parts are IDENTICAL.  This LENOVO computer I'm on now Just as the Thing fires up Shows the TOSHIBA Logo and displays the distinctive TOSHIBA Screen of flying Ducts.  LOL Yep, made by Toshiba.  Keyboards are Product specific and even those are sometimes transferable from machine to machine types.   I've transferred LCD's ,  WiFi Cards,  BlueTooth Cards, Hard Drives, CD Drives (Need to change the Carriers) most everything but the Mother Board is the same.  We think were buying a better mouse trap but all the time your buying the same Machine in a Different Box.   My bet is most printers are the same way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cooper said:

Being a printer tech for 39 yrs, well started with typewriters, i finally have some knowledge for the forums here, cause just learning about this gold stuff.  AU, any inkjet printer if you let it sit clogs up. The ink will dry in the nozzles. Inkjet printers need to be run every week or so to keep the ink flowing.  Sometimes cleanings, maybe several, will work but, if not, new printhead or if the head is built into the ink, like many HP's, new cartridge needed.

Unfortunately, manufactures nowadays sell many printers cheap because like homefire said, they make the money on ink, this is true. Printers just aren't lasting like they used to.  Cooper 

Thanks for the info Cooper, I figured that was the case, I'll try what Hoime suggested first before purchasing another ink cartridge.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, homefire said:

Like Lap Tops most all are made in China, most likely in the same building just different assembly lines.  Every Lap Top on the Market uses off the shelf components .  I've replaced Toshiba Lap top Screens (LCD) with the same product from a Dell a Compact and even a ACER.  If you want to order the parts they all carry different part numbers as per Maker Names but the Parts are IDENTICAL.  This LENOVO computer I'm on now Just as the Thing fires up Shows the TOSHIBA Logo and displays the distinctive TOSHIBA Screen of flying Ducts.  LOL Yep, made by Toshiba.  Keyboards are Product specific and even those are sometimes transferable from machine to machine types.   I've transferred LCD's ,  WiFi Cards,  BlueTooth Cards, Hard Drives, CD Drives (Need to change the Carriers) most everything but the Mother Board is the same.  We think were buying a better mouse trap but all the time your buying the same Machine in a Different Box.   My bet is most printers are the same way.

So true homefire, like Gm, Chevy or Jeep, Chrysler,  a lot of printers are made by one manufacture and sold under many, they just put their names on them. Sometimes good, sometimes not. Some Lexmark made by Xerox, HP crosses with Canon at times. 39 yrs doing this, soon I am out (this year)and then.......on with my passions, swinging the detector and learning more about this gold stuff.:yesss:

13 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Thanks for the info Cooper, I figured that was the case, I'll try what Hoime suggested first before purchasing another ink cartridge.

Just be careful, I still have ink stains on my fingers.  LOL

• Haha 1