Nugget Shooter Forums
Micro Nugget

Some Cutesy Pie Nuggs

Yesterday 1-15-18 I celebrated the holiday by snagging these two cutesy pie nuggets.  Nailed them with my 7000 out of an old tailing pile around 4" deep.

2018-01-16 10.27.21.jpg

• Like 10

Really nice. Congrats.

What type of tailing pile?

Wow thats some shiny gold guy .

Did it come this way ?

Very Nice.

I'm not certain it was a tailing pile in the usual sense of the term.  Someone obviously dug a hole a few years earlier -- maybe a lot of years earlier --and threw the material all around it to form a sort of doughnut of tossed material approx 8' in diameter and a foot high all around.  Just what their plan was I have no idea.  But whenever I come across someone else's old efforts I always scan the material to see if something nice is inside.  In this case I also recovered two birdshot and an old, rusted "pin-tip" of some sort -- maybe the remains of a carpenter's awl or some such item.

I soaked the nuggets overnight in CLR as I usually do and lightly brushed them with an old toothbrush the next morning to remove any lingering film or crud.

• Like 2

Cute little buggers, thanks for sharing

I like doing tailing piles at places like Gold Basin with the ZED.  But LSD areas would drive you freaking nuts with the trash.  Probably better with the GM1000 in a trashy area like that.

Beautiful gold by the way :brows: