Nugget Shooter Forums

More from the Pavement Patch

Rod

Another beautiful day (a few hours really), more beautiful nuggets :black_knight_standing: Think I mentioned it last week, this spot is less than 3 miles off a well traveled and paved road. Just do it :head:

pp2.jpg

• Like 8

Rod

Very nice little chunky pieces. Would I be right if I said they are coming from an area with red dirt where the quartz is iron stained?

I don't hunt up your way so forgive me if this is a dumb question. 

13 minutes ago, fishing8046 said:

Rod

Very nice little chunky pieces. Would I be right if I said they are coming from an area with red dirt where the quartz is iron stained?

I don't hunt up your way so forgive me if this is a dumb question. 

Thanks and good question fish. I might give a dumb answer :4chsmu1:  There is no red dirt with iron stained quartz in the area. There is a little red ochre/iron type soil (spotty, here and there) under the top layer of material. Again, very spotty. Red dirt with iron stained quartz can be a good thing; however, not every inch of ground that has red dirt with iron stained quartz produces gold. It's just a good bet worth checking out. The pic below is great gold ground that produced many ounces of gold but I'm sure many people would pass it up :idunno: because they primarily focus on red dirt with iron stained quartz. Hope this helps :)

ar.jpg

1 hour ago, Rod said:

Thanks and good question fish. I might give a dumb answer :4chsmu1:  There is no red dirt with iron stained quartz in the area. There is a little red ochre/iron type soil (spotty, here and there) under the top layer of material. Again, very spotty. Red dirt with iron stained quartz can be a good thing; however, not every inch of ground that has red dirt with iron stained quartz produces gold. It's just a good bet worth checking out. The pic below is great gold ground that produced many ounces of gold but I'm sure many people would pass it up :idunno: because they primarily focus on red dirt with iron stained quartz. Hope this helps :)

ar.jpg

This is along the lines of what Adam was saying on another thread.  You just can't always look at the ground and know.  I've passed up areas that I thought were not good gold geology and then low and behold, others found gold there later in the exact wash.  So now I'll use the geology to get me in the ballpark and then hunt the sweet spots and cover as much area as I can until I prove if there is gold there to myself.   Also when I do find gold in areas that I wasn't sure about, I will take pictures just to kind of take notes.  Was there a quartz float, iron stained, iron stones, ... etc.? 

You're just never sure exactly what happened 30+ million years ago that could be buried in the sands.  My .02  

• Like 4

You're already there.....   Why not spend an hour and see?  Then you'll know, one way or the other.

Nice nugs Rod !!  :thumbsupanim

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Sweet finds man, geeeze I need to get out, but next weekend is the Minelab Partners Conference, maye the weekend after that I can escape.....

Escape?  You will never escape the Equinox!