Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

I learned of this forum, and website, from another forum I have been a long member off. On the other forum my first stop was always the Gold Prospecting area. Well now that I found you folks,,,, well you get the idea.

Anyway, long time metal detectorist, relic hunter mostly. Big Big interest in Prospecting, but now the killer, I live in Upstate NY, most all of my prospecting is through the words I read and the videos I watch, although I have a pan and do hit local streams in my area, (do find some great looking rocks) and have a ball doing it. Well just wanted to say hello and you will see me in the pages here. Thanks,     CooperGold Prospecting Forum

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Gents, I am presently at work so I have been working (READING THE FORUMS) hard. Can't wait to get home with free time tonight to spend some time going through a lot of the pages here.   Coop.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Cooper, glad to have you here!

There is gold to be found in New York state albeit glacial gold and maybe only a spec or 2 here and there, I know several people up your way and they hae found their share of these specs, have you found any as of yet?

If so please share with us, if not keep trying, I know the Finger Lakes region has been known to have some glacial gold to be found.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Welcome Cooper, glad to have you here!

There is gold to be found in New York state albeit glacial gold and maybe only a spec or 2 here and there, I know several people up your way and they hae found their share of these specs, have you found any as of yet?

If so please share with us, if not keep trying, I know the Finger Lakes region has been known to have some glacial gold to be found.

No nothing yet, I pull a pail now and then and practice panning.  But, it's allot of fun trying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cooper said:

No nothing yet, I pull a pail now and then and practice panning.  But, it's allot of fun trying.

If you're in the NE area of New York you may want to try doing some panning in Vermont as well, which has a bit of gold in the streams to be found.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

If you're in the NE area of New York you may want to try doing some panning in Vermont as well, which has a bit of gold in the streams to be found.

Maine to :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Maine to :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

Yes Maine has some very nice gold and most of it is native gold unlike in New York which only has glacial gold, and better gold than Vermont albeit a bit further away from New York than Vermont, I have seen nuggets well over 1/2 ounce that were found in Maine but not the norm, but many, many small nuggets have been found along with plenty of fine gold and unless things have changed lately you can even dredge in Maine.

Here's a relatively recent article on gold prospecting in Vermont.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/life/2016/07/13/vermont-gold-panning-hobby/86871928/

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Yes Maine has some very nice gold and most of it is native gold unlike in New York which only has glacial gold, and better gold than Vermont albeit a bit further away from New York than Vermont, I have seen nuggets well over 1/2 ounce that were found in Maine but not the norm, but many, many small nuggets have been found along with plenty of fine gold and unless things have changed lately you can even dredge in Maine.

Here's a relatively recent article on gold prospecting in Vermont.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/life/2016/07/13/vermont-gold-panning-hobby/86871928/

 

Good article thanks, visit Maine allot, will have to research there also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi there Mr. Looking.  I don't recall just where or when I met you but you are welcome here to browse and ask questions.  You will probably learn a lot from just watching for a while.  You can also private message someone (PM) on the side.  

   Old Tom   :old:

Link to post
Share on other sites

JL,  Thanks.. Yes, been researching Vt, NH and Maine. All with in reasonable distances to me.  Now I just got to get out there...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 6:47 AM, Cooper said:

I learned of this forum, and website, from another forum I have been a long member off. On the other forum my first stop was always the Gold Prospecting area. Well now that I found you folks,,,, well you get the idea.

Anyway, long time metal detectorist, relic hunter mostly. Big Big interest in Prospecting, but now the killer, I live in Upstate NY, most all of my prospecting is through the words I read and the videos I watch, although I have a pan and do hit local streams in my area, (do find some great looking rocks) and have a ball doing it. Well just wanted to say hello and you will see me in the pages here. Thanks,     CooperGold Prospecting Forum

You can always prospect in the big city.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2011/06/20/got-his-mined-in-the-gutter/amp/#ampshare=https://nypost.com/2011/06/20/got-his-mined-in-the-gutter/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no no no, I do not venture south.... lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...