Nugget Shooter Forums

Today's trip with the Toms.

Got an early start this morning and headed into the desert with Tom and his dad. My legendary skunk streak continues, but Tom scored 3 little ones! I even followed right behind Tom and cleaned up all the birdshot he missed with my gb2...still nuttin'.   :arrowheadsmiley:

The weather was great for this time of year, so I can't complain. Here are the pics I have. Including Tom mining his vein :miner:

tmp_5288-20171228_083318-801316636.jpg

tmp_5288-20171228_0833251813140579.jpg

tmp_5288-20171228_083404853336596.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Well Tom looks like you could use a little Dupont rock softener. :brows::DAzNuggetBob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Im still crushing and panning....some small stuff in the ore. Will post some pics tomorrow when the light is better :)
Great day out!
Tom H.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TomH said:

Im still crushing and panning....some small stuff in the ore. Will post some pics tomorrow when the light is better :)
Great day out!
Tom H.

Sweet! So the piece you took home last time...wasn't the only one :miner:

46 minutes ago, adam said:

Great Post fella`s ......Is that the host rock?  That ugly grey stuff ?  No books ever told me about that !

adam,....A majority of the nuggets that I find up on / around the Lynx Creek come out of a soft-grey-to greenish (mixed with Clay) host rock that is decomposed and easy-to-scrape with a screwdriver.  The other type of host rock around here is a brown-mixed-with-red colored rock; is very hard; is just full of iron,.... and you can't even put a coil over it to within 2" of it's surface without it blowing your ears off.  Nothing can null it out, and you can't hear any signals of gold, as it sound like a massive Hot Rock,....which-it-is.    Gary

53 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

adam,....A majority of the nuggets that I find up on / around the Lynx Creek come out of a soft-grey-to greenish (mixed with Clay) host rock that is decomposed and easy-to-scrape with a screwdriver.  The other type of host rock around here is a brown-mixed-with-red colored rock; is very hard; is just full of iron,.... and you can't even put a coil over it to within 2" of it's surface without it blowing your ears off.  Nothing can null it out, and you can't hear any signals of gold, as it sound like a massive Hot Rock,....which-it-is.    Gary

Gosh thats great , Those pictures of lynx creek above are not what I imagined, looks like desert or somewhere.I would have thought there would be pine trees or something.

• Haha 3
43 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

Those pics above are the desert not Lynx ... ArticDave and the Toms I believe.

"DAH!!",... I never said those where pictures of Lynx Creek !!!  So, "YOU" would have to be DUMBER-THAN-DIRT to make that statement, or even think that!!!  I was simply stating a fact about a different location's bedrock in-comparison-to that which "that" location has,....You know, ...Compare and Contrast???   So, you can Stuff-your comment, and you know where it goes.. 

wait, wait wait, ..I`m confused....I thought Gary meant the ugly grey stuff  was from lynx creek spot and that was also the pictured area........I just thought there would be mountains with trees 

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

"DAH!!",... I never said those where pictures of Lynx Creek !!!  So, "YOU" would have to be DUMBER-THAN-DIRT to make that statement, or even think that!!!  I was simply stating a fact about a different location's bedrock in-comparison-to that which "that" location has,....You know, ...Compare and Contrast???   So, you can Stuff-your comment, and you know where it goes.. 

Gary ... You my friend are calling out the wrong guy! Adam is the one my response was made to based on his post just prior to mine! Apology accepted ... and may you have a Happy and Prosperous new year!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Gary ... You my friend are calling out the wrong guy! Adam is the one my response was made to based on his post just prior to mine! Apology accepted ... and may you have a Happy and Prosperous new year!

"Apologies" Mike;  ...It just sounded like you two where Cahoot'n  :brows: against me and my statement about Lynx Creek's bedrock compared to that where the Tom's where.  I really didn't think you would do that ? ?..:idunno:.. but then again adam, .....I don't know,  :200:    He kind of reminds me of............ " ME ! ! ! " .........Kind-of-a Secretive-Wiley-Coyote   :200:, always in search-of a sensitive spot to "Trip-ones-Trigger." :evil1:    Best wishes for your New Year too.  ..........Enough of this craziness,    I'm ready to get out and find some more Gold.  Gary  

• Like 1
20 hours ago, adam said:

Great Post fella`s ......Is that the host rock?  That ugly grey stuff ?  No books ever told me about that !

Dude !!! Your reading the wrong book, I read "prospecting for dummies" now I know everything there is about prospecting.... Im now finding more trash ....:grr01:

1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

OK....thats FUNNY! :)
Tom

• Like 1