Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Today's trip with the Toms.


Sonoran Dave

Recommended Posts

Got an early start this morning and headed into the desert with Tom and his dad. My legendary skunk streak continues, but Tom scored 3 little ones! I even followed right behind Tom and cleaned up all the birdshot he missed with my gb2...still nuttin'.   :arrowheadsmiley:

The weather was great for this time of year, so I can't complain. Here are the pics I have. Including Tom mining his vein :miner:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tmp_5288-20171228_083318-801316636.jpg

tmp_5288-20171228_0833251813140579.jpg

tmp_5288-20171228_083404853336596.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well Tom looks like you could use a little Dupont rock softener. :brows::DAzNuggetBob

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im still crushing and panning....some small stuff in the ore. Will post some pics tomorrow when the light is better :)
Great day out!
Tom H.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, adam said:

Great Post fella`s ......Is that the host rock?  That ugly grey stuff ?  No books ever told me about that !

adam,....A majority of the nuggets that I find up on / around the Lynx Creek come out of a soft-grey-to greenish (mixed with Clay) host rock that is decomposed and easy-to-scrape with a screwdriver.  The other type of host rock around here is a brown-mixed-with-red colored rock; is very hard; is just full of iron,.... and you can't even put a coil over it to within 2" of it's surface without it blowing your ears off.  Nothing can null it out, and you can't hear any signals of gold, as it sound like a massive Hot Rock,....which-it-is.    Gary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

adam,....A majority of the nuggets that I find up on / around the Lynx Creek come out of a soft-grey-to greenish (mixed with Clay) host rock that is decomposed and easy-to-scrape with a screwdriver.  The other type of host rock around here is a brown-mixed-with-red colored rock; is very hard; is just full of iron,.... and you can't even put a coil over it to within 2" of it's surface without it blowing your ears off.  Nothing can null it out, and you can't hear any signals of gold, as it sound like a massive Hot Rock,....which-it-is.    Gary

Gosh thats great , Those pictures of lynx creek above are not what I imagined, looks like desert or somewhere.I would have thought there would be pine trees or something.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

Those pics above are the desert not Lynx ... ArticDave and the Toms I believe.

"DAH!!",... I never said those where pictures of Lynx Creek !!!  So, "YOU" would have to be DUMBER-THAN-DIRT to make that statement, or even think that!!!  I was simply stating a fact about a different location's bedrock in-comparison-to that which "that" location has,....You know, ...Compare and Contrast???   So, you can Stuff-your comment, and you know where it goes.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

"DAH!!",... I never said those where pictures of Lynx Creek !!!  So, "YOU" would have to be DUMBER-THAN-DIRT to make that statement, or even think that!!!  I was simply stating a fact about a different location's bedrock in-comparison-to that which "that" location has,....You know, ...Compare and Contrast???   So, you can Stuff-your comment, and you know where it goes.. 

Gary ... You my friend are calling out the wrong guy! Adam is the one my response was made to based on his post just prior to mine! Apology accepted ... and may you have a Happy and Prosperous new year!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Gary ... You my friend are calling out the wrong guy! Adam is the one my response was made to based on his post just prior to mine! Apology accepted ... and may you have a Happy and Prosperous new year!

"Apologies" Mike;  ...It just sounded like you two where Cahoot'n  :brows: against me and my statement about Lynx Creek's bedrock compared to that where the Tom's where.  I really didn't think you would do that ? ?..:idunno:.. but then again adam, .....I don't know,  :200:    He kind of reminds me of............ " ME ! ! ! " .........Kind-of-a Secretive-Wiley-Coyote   :200:, always in search-of a sensitive spot to "Trip-ones-Trigger." :evil1:    Best wishes for your New Year too.  ..........Enough of this craziness,    I'm ready to get out and find some more Gold.  Gary  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, adam said:

Great Post fella`s ......Is that the host rock?  That ugly grey stuff ?  No books ever told me about that !

Dude !!! Your reading the wrong book, I read "prospecting for dummies" now I know everything there is about prospecting.... Im now finding more trash ....:grr01:

 

1.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK....thats FUNNY! :)
Tom

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...