Nugget Shooter Forums

SHOOTING IN THE DESERT!

Not that kind of shooting....target shooting :4chsmu1:

I admit, I turned into one of the people I have cussed over the last 6 yrs of detecting.

Went out with Dad, my nephew and his dad to practice.  First time ive fired the 9mm in about 5 yrs.

Im happy to admit! I can hit crap! :)

We went to a designated area off of Table mesa road, so I dont feel too bad about putting more lead in the ground.

Good time out.

Tom H. SAM_1793.JPG

SAM_1791.JPG

SAM_1796.JPG

• Like 8

This is one thing I really miss. Here in New York, if you can even get a pistol permit, there are only indoor ranges, Back in Phoenix, the 1960s -'70s, we could drive out to the Carefree exit, or out to the end of Dunlap, or Peoria Ave's and have a .22 or whatever party! :D

2 hours ago, Terry Soloman said:

This is one thing I really miss. Here in New York, if you can even get a pistol permit, there are only indoor ranges, Back in Phoenix, the 1960s -'70s, we could drive out to the Carefree exit, or out to the end of Dunlap, or Peoria Ave's and have a .22 or whatever party! :D

I hear ya Terry... Seems like yesterday when my Dad taught me to shoot my first 22 single shot rifle. We would just go outside the city limits. We always practiced safety, picked up after ourselves (brass and the like). Tried to leave the place cleaner than we found it.

A lot of careless folks are ruining it for us here in AZ.   I'm finding live rounds, much spent brass, beer bottles and assorted trash left behind by inconsiderate people. It's no wonder why we are losing access to public land.   It's a shame.  :th:

Edited by SanDomingoJim
spelling
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Terry Soloman said:

Heck Terry, as a kid I used to just drive from 43rd and Greenway, up to Bell were there was a dirt road that went

north and shoot there :) 

Tom H.

• Like 5

''I'm finding live rounds, much spent brass, beer bottles and assorted trash left behind  inconsiderate people. It's no wonder why we are losing access to public'

Same here in California....we have a spot on BLM land where we go shooting....every visit, I am having to pick up brass and trash..people are pigs. They';ll even camp over night and dump their crap all over the place. 

• Like 5