Nugget Shooter Forums

Griphoist

lucidfind

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the shear pins for a Griphoist T.19.  I am having a hard time locating anything online. The one in it  appears to be sheared in half lengthwise and made of what looks  like 1" of 1/8" brass rod.

My apologies if this be the wrong category for such things.

Thanks, I was 99.9% sure I could use some brass stock, just dropped the question case there was some sort a specialized part i needed and the off chance someone here knew about it.

8 minutes ago, campbell954 said:

This is where I get my Griphoist parts.

http://www.trailservices.com/PDF/2016_Catalog_Web.pdf

Thanks for posting this, but I don't see the T-19 listed though, I know it's a much older model and most likely been discontinued, but maybe he could call and see if any of the shear pins from the later models would work, maybe the TU17 or TU28 which both use the same pins.

Thanks, that's a great bit of info, definitely going to give a call and do some inquiring. It seems to be in great condition except for that shear pin. Hope it was worth the $75 I payed for it.

4 hours ago, lucidfind said:

Thanks, that's a great bit of info, definitely going to give a call and do some inquiring. It seems to be in great condition except for that shear pin. Hope it was worth the $75 I payed for it.

I recently saw a T-19 sell on eBay for $198 + $38 shipping and it was a bit rusty and missing the handle, so if you get your's working with a new shear pin I think you got a great deal!

Trailservices , best phone call I have made in decades. It was like calling a good friend for help, and they are sending me homemade shearpins for no charge!  A rare gem in this day for sure.

Cool, seems like I'm gold on the griphoist. Handle is there, no rust to speak of, and the wire rope appears to be in great condition. Not bad for being discontinued in '77'.

Thanks again for the link to Trailservices.

• Like 2

Happy to help and always looking to promote the kind of service offered by these folks.  Like you said, hard to find people who actually care anymore.

Enjoy your Griphoist - mine had allowed me to go where no man/woman has gone before :)

Edited by campbell954
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, adam said:

Whats a Griphoist ? Do I need one?

A Griphoist is a wire rope winch, I know you could probaly put one to use moving big rocks, but they ani't cheap unless you find one used and the seller really doesn't know what they have or really needs money badly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Griphoist&oq=Griphoist&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j69i59l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8