Nugget Shooter Forums

GADGET

That will work Pat :) Its still gonna flip on ya...but not half as much. Dang thing is just top heavy.

Tom H.

• Thanks 1

Patrick - that is pretty much what I did.... drilled the elbow to 7/8" and then connected it to a tee.   I didn't use 45s as the straight tee (8" ea. side) works better for me propping it up on things.

Tom - it doesn't flip and the tee goes back far enough not to hit the body on the swing.  When I pack it up I just leave the elbow in place and remove the stand.  I was going to glue it but haven't found the need, yet.

17 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Patrick - that is pretty much what I did.... drilled the elbow to 7/8" and then connected it to a tee.   I didn't use 45s as the straight tee (8" ea. side) works better for me propping it up on things.

Tom - it doesn't flip and the tee goes back far enough not to hit the body on the swing.  When I pack it up I just leave the elbow in place and remove the stand.  I was going to glue it but haven't found the need, yet.

That must have been where I saw it Andy.  Thanks for the idea.  Mine works fine in the driveway, and I think it will work fine in the field as well. If you look closely, you will see that one leg is a bit longer than the other.  This is for when I am working "side hills".......  Grin

Patrick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Well heck...im gonna have to try it :)
Tom H.

• Like 2

Embrace the top heavy flipping action, when using my scoop to i.d. a target I set the gm on its top upside down, then you have the flat bottom of the coil pointing up. Its perfect. No extra legs to hangup on you or brush, also gets your scoop closer to the coil for those super tiny targets. I started doing that at the outing actually and did not find myself messing with it to stay up and target i.d. went faster.1125170831.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

alwaysdirty ... I have been doing that since I saw Bill Southern propping it up on his knee to do the same. I tried his method but I need both knees on the ground when digging and scooping.

It is a great way to counter balance. I put a small strip of insulating stick on foam on the top edge to have scarring the top too badly.

• Like 1