Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Shock melt veins

Hi guys, 

Can you share a picture of your most shocked meteorite. I have this NWA thats looks incredibly shocked on one entire side, these pictures are small portions of different areas. Please pardon the quality, it is very close macro shots.

IMAG1273.jpg

IMAG1265.jpg

IMAG1255.jpg

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 2

Cool idea for a post!

I have this unclassified NWA slice I scored off ebay:

NWA114.jpg

Some great examples of shock melt veins can be found in Chelyabinsk, such as this one from my collection:

Chely94g.jpg

Some chunks of Chely are pure shock melt, although I don't have any pictures handy.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2017 at 9:08 PM, Mikestang said:

Cool idea for a post!

I have this unclassified NWA slice I scored off ebay:

NWA114.jpg

Some great examples of shock melt veins can be found in Chelyabinsk, such as this one from my collection:

Some chunks of Chely are pure shock melt, although I don't have any pictures handy.

Chelyabinsk is a fall I need a piece of and I have my eye on a few but waiting to pounce on the right one. That NWA slice looks amazing man!!!

This is one of my favorite eBay NWA's with a nice shock vein located next to a large barred olivine chondrule in the third picture!! This one will never meet the saw, kinda bitter sweet but it's just too aesthetically pleasing to justify.

nvnxaugyiw (1).jpg

nvnxaugyiw1 (1).jpg

nvnxaugyiw2 (1).jpg

• Like 1

73g Al Haggounia 001, nice shock vein intact in the friable weathered portion that wouldn't take any polish, and smaller veins and pockets located throughout the less altered IMAG0154.jpgpolished area. Another note for this stone is the fusion crust still intact on the reverse side I could be wrong but from what I gather on the web crust seems spares for Al Haggounia 001.

IMAG0156~2.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

• Like 1