Nugget Shooter Forums

San Domingo area Grave Site Question ???

I took this picture 4 days ago. Does anyone know the story on this gravesite next to the dirt road in the San Domingo area???

Thanks....

Dave

grave.jpg

11 hours ago, jjbond said:

It's where I buried the lung that I coughed up climbing that peak in LSD that I mentioned a couple weeks ago.

Ok everyone the heat has finally gotten to Jen... Somebody put her out of her misery, she may be rabid so approach with care. Last seen on LSD muttering to herself swinging a stick side to side.

But back to the subject the history of that gravesite would be interesting. I cant help but wonder was it easy digging and how long did it take to dig the hole. I wont even ask about the depth.

RIP to whomever is buried there. :th_rain-umbrella:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I know where there' lots of graves scattered all over the San Domingo area, but don't recall seeing that one ... I looks far newer than all the others I've seen ... I actually ran across a website that is devoted to old graves and they have a part of it devoted to SD & LSD...I just can't remember the website ... Cheers, Unc

4 minutes ago, Uncle Ron said:

I know where there' lots of graves scattered all over the San Domingo area, but don't recall seeing that one ... I looks far newer than all the others I've seen ... I actually ran across a website that is devoted to old graves and they have a part of it devoted to SD & LSD...I just can't remember the website ... Cheers, Unc

Is it this one Unc ??

http://www.apcrp.org/SAN_DOMINGO_WASH/San_Domingo_Wash_Text_102208.htm

Yep, that's the one ... I've gone to most, if not all, of those graves they have flagged on the map...Most of those graves just look like scattered rocks ...I haven't seen anything that looks like vandalizem , just time and cows!  Cheers, Unc  PS, there's a big lion that lives in the northern part of that map and I stumbled on a small den of cubs off Eddy Gulch and I was in a spot I would have been in trouble in if mom showed up!

Edited by Uncle Ron

There are numerous graves out here. Most have no marker of any sort. Like Uncle Ron said,  a lot of them have had the rocks scattered over time. The older mining camps especially had several graves on site. I agree with Ron too on the age of that one. Looks newer than most you run across here. Maybe as late as the 1950's? 

14 hours ago, Morlock said:

http://www.apcrp.org/SAN_DOMINGO_WASH/San_Domingo_Wash_Text_102208.htm

This doesn't answer your question but at least there's some information about a few of them.

In the article, it mentions Rusty and Betty Hastings. Are those two still in the area? I met them a few years ago. Quite a couple with a great deal of knowledge of the local lore.

1 hour ago, Morlock said:

In the article, it mentions Rusty and Betty Hastings. Are those two still in the area? I met them a few years ago. Quite a couple with a great deal of knowledge of the local lore.

Mrs. Hastings offers horse rides to tourists over by Lake Pleasant. Still cars and trucks there, so I assume they are doing well.