Nugget Shooter Forums

OK one more time here folks and I lay this to rest, there will be a Minelab representative at the upcoming outing this time to talk, show the Equinox, pro-pointers, and address problems on concerns. So if you would to like to talk to Debbie about an issue with your Gold Monster or any other detector this is your chance to do it directly. This includes you Mike C. since you are the most active in saying it is hush hush problem no one wants to admit etc. Simply come to the outing and show her your issue and share any ideas you may have to help fix it or contact Minelab to have your coil replaced if it is an internal problem as in a defective coil problem. Jabbing into other folks posts about it being ignored by Minelab solves nothing at all and is just false, have you called Minelab yet as suggested?..... Just trying to help. 

I have had only one customer say they thought their 5 inch was having problems and Tom H. will be talking to Deb about it at the outing. 

Debbie is a good friend and VERY knowledgeable when it comes to Minelab Detectors and I feel very lucky to have her attending the outing to help with training and show us some new Minelab products.

Gonna be fun folks! Oh and educational.... :old: 

• Like 7

Have a good outing Bill sorry I wont be there I refuse to pay for a permit -See this is exactly what Im talking about Im either attacked or I get everyone elses works fine $h!t:grr01:-Later days old friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike C...:200:

1 hour ago, Mike C... said:

Have a good outing Bill sorry I wont be there I refuse to pay for a permit -See this is exactly what Im talking about Im either attacked or I get everyone elses works fine $h!t:grr01:-Later days old friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike C...:200:

Just a friendly FYI, you don't HAVE to pay for a permit, you can park a bit further up the road on the BLM land and don't have to pay a penny... it may be a bit rough if you're going to drag a low clearance trailer up but there are LOTs of areas around there where you can park without getting a permit.... just an FYI.

Personally, $15.00 seems like a pretty darn good price and a small price to pay to attend such a kick ass outing with so many awesome folks, food and Debbie to ask about your concerns..... but that's just me... :)

Jen

Edited by Guest

I got a notice today that the Pro Pointers will be available , will you have any. I know after what I have read and watched I want a Pro 35 for my coin hunting.

14 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

This includes you Mike C. since you are the most active in saying it is hush hush problem no one wants to admit etc. 

I took this as being singled out and if it wasnt my apologies and Im not putting minelab down Heck most of my gold beepers are minelab with zero problems so that should say something:head:.I would really like to come and see some old freinds but I just aint into the big crowd thing anymore-I sent you a PM but no reply yet so Ill ask you here will the ML rep have some extra coils on hand if the rep determines  thats the issue-it would sure be alot easier than having your machine held up somewhere:idunno:Mike C...:200:

OK she will be here Friday and Saturday and not sure when the Equinox will be available to view, but I think anytime, pro pointer 35 I do have on order and if available when Deb leaves I will have a couple. As far as replacing any parts or coils that will have to happen at Minelab itself and Debbie is here to enjoy the outing and will be more than happy to discuss any issues you have. I can not speak for her so just show up and talk with her and she will be able to let you know herself what is the best route to take. I am not sure when a demo will happen as we will winging it mostly and the only things actually scheduled are the training sessions and dinner at 4:00 pm on Saturday. 

Mike sorry I didn't see your PM till this morning as went to bed early last night, I seldom make it past 8:00 pm these days and was off the computer around 7:00 pm :th:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bill Southern said:

Mike sorry I didn't see your PM till this morning as went to bed early last night, I seldom make it past 8:00 pm these days and was off the computer around 7:00 pm :th:

If you would spend less time out on the fields taking all our gold and more time relaxing in front of your TV, maybe you wouldn't have that problem. :Just_Cuz_15:

18 minutes ago, jjbond said:

Are these new pinpointers Minelab is releasing going to be any more sensitive than the 25 I have now or what's the main upgrade justification.

http://www.minelab.com/accessories-1/pro-find-35 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

Consider myself officially female dog slapped... ie "Here, let me Google that for you"...hahaha thanks Bill....

That being said, my question still stands, any news on if it will be more sensitive than the original one, features I can find out about like you pointed out, by going to marketing propaganda but I'm curious if they've made any comments on increased sensitivity to you sales reps, as the one I have now stays in the truck cus by the time it starts beeping, I've already dug the target and I get tired of it starting to beep continuously if I even think about tapping the ground to hard, requiring a reboot to stop it's beeping...

Edited by Guest
34 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’d be happy to pay the 15 but it’s the thousand miles I have to drive that bothers me!

Hey Jen could you circle around and pick me up on the way over there ?? haha

Don’t answer that I think I know it already.

Chuck

I'd be glad to assist if you're signature line wasn't so intimidating.... :5bat:

Truth be told, I'm not going so will be of no help I'm afraid.

Jen

47 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

I have not had my greasy hands on one of the new pinpointers yet Jen so can't say....

Ok, I'll order one from you if the results are positive after the outing..... let me know.

6 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’d be happy to pay the 15 but it’s the thousand miles I have to drive that bothers me...! Chuck

Roger that..!

Was thinkin' the same thing last night, tho more like 2,200 mi from here..
Figgered if I left at midnight tonight n hauled purt much straight through with a couple
one-hour naps along the way I should be there mid-morning Thur at the latest, lol.. :th_panic::th:

Swamp

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Figgered if I left at midnight tonight n hauled purt much straight through with a couple

one-hour naps along the way I should be there mid-morning Thur at the latest, lol.. :th_panic::th:

Swamp

Yea? So? Whuts yer point? Get up on it and get'er DUN!!!!!! :25r30wi:

Edited by Guest
13 hours ago, azdigger said:

I got a notice today that the Pro Pointers will be available , will you have any. I know after what I have read and watched I want a Pro 35 for my coin hunting.

Hey Rick ... don't take this the wrong way, but why do you need a pin pointer?  Besides, you could put the GM1000 on a broomstick and shorten it to a beast of a pin pointer.   

• Like 1

Andy , I want the pin pointer for hunting coins in the sand, I had a garrett but it died on me no I need to get another. Tried to coin hunt with the monster...picks up way to small pieces of foil and other bits of metal.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Swamp

My trouble the first two days there I’d be worthless after such a long drive. 

Well I hope you make it if that be your wish.

Chuck

All you guys a ways out of town should (too late this year but maybe for next) arrange to fly in, book the airline tickets way in advance, rent a car and come up for it.. even if you're too frady cat of bity things and creepy crawlers to pitch a tent, Wickyburger's close enough to hotel it.... team up boys, organize your flights into Phoenix, rent a mini van and get your arses up there.

Some of us routinely spend $10,000 plus and travel 20 hours (14 from LA to Aus, another 6 in connection and sitting time) then 2 days travel buy bush vehicle to routinely fly to Australia for nugget hunting, one of my trips to Tibooburra, NSW, took almost a week travel time...... Bill's outtings is a walk in the park to get to.

Jen

Edited by Guest

Yeah, well you're just nuts, Jen.  LOL.  But it would be funny to see a boat load of prospectors get out of a minivan for Bill's outing.  

Rick - Makes sense.  I like the Garrett carrot, myself.  It allows you to reground balance on the fly to narrow down your target. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

...sez the girl who obviously has never been asked in an airport if she "would mind stepping over here for just a moment.."

Being profiled is not a fun experience.. Me -- the one-time poster boy for White American Male.. And that happened pre-9/11.. I can't even imagine what it must be like today.. I'll never find out either, cos I'll never fly commercial again in my life..

You are correct though -- I could be there if I really wanted.. It would require a little bit of juggling on my part due to monthly obligations here in FL, but it could be done..

And ditto on the recovery time, Chuck.. Wasn't all that long ago that that didn't seem to be an issue.. Can't say that today though.. Funny how wine sips away, not..

Swamp

• Like 1