Nugget Shooter Forums

Found first gold with Gold Monster 1000

Hole Digger

Bought a Gold Monster from Bill yesterday. Went out today and did some dry washing. Check my tailings pile and found nothing, then I checked the hole, still nothing. Packed my gear up and decided to play around with the GM. So I start up the hill just out of the wash I was in and within 5 minutes the GM was indicating a good target. Scooped some dirt off the top and it is still in the ground, did another scoop and now the target is in the scoop.  Looked through the dirt and found this little guy. 1 grain. It was around 1/2 inch down. Was using the 5 inch coil with 3/4 sensitivity in the shallow mode. Searched the area for another 15 minutes then had to get going.  Thanks Bill for the great deal on the detector and the basic instructions.

20171111_170232_resized_2.jpg

20171111_170301_resized_2.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice !!

....and it counts.  No matter how small.

Congratulations !!  :thumbsupanim

Luke

....and you found your first nugget on a friggin hillside.  That is usually harder than in the gullies.  And to top it off you were using the hokey puck!! holy smokes!  Sweet gold radar you have there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Andyy said:

....and you found your first nugget on a friggin hillside.  That is usually harder than in the gullies.  And to top it off you were using the hokey puck!! holy smokes!  Sweet gold radar you have there.

You merikans spell Hockey funny. = o )----

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Hole Digger said:

Thanks everyone. I am very excited about my find. I know it's not that easy, just beginners luck. Can't wait to get back out there. Looking forward to get the full training from Bill.

Hole Digger, congratulations in the GM nugget!!

I see you haven't entered into the poll for the tme slot you want for the GM training, please make sure you do so and also respond in the topic and post your name, here's the link to the poll topic.

I think he is attending the Roadrunner shindig Skip. Anyway very good job on your first nugget and it is a nice one I says. The 3/4 setting is hot and gets the best depth in both deep and shallow in my opinion, but ya gotta move a little slower.

Yep I bet he is and to be honest over the years I have scored MANY more nuggets on slopes and hillsides at the LSD than in washes.... Guess that could be a tip :D

Many placers in AZ are better producers on the hillsides and slopes than the wash itself, reason vary from washes being previously worked to the gold is dispersed randomly through out the gravels and was concentrated some by hillside erosion. I love the little ledges produced as runoff is heavy as they catch gold.  

• Like 6