Nugget Shooter Forums

1.29 Grams,..one nugget-at-a-time--the hard way

LowPoint

Decided to get out of Prescott Valley and hunt an area down in the lower desert today.  The day was beautiful; only got to about 75 at a high,...just the way I like it down there.  I took my GPZ-7000 figuring that I would "clean the lead out of the wash":grr01: (as I have been doing in many other washes (so frequently) with this detector).  Although I did indeed find many lead targets:nutty: (see photo #3) today as well, I was also able to end the day with 5-nuggets having a combined weight of 1.29 Grams.  Up-till-today I really questioned the claims that this detector (with the 14" coil) would be able to eek-out very small nuggets at depth.  Well, it proved itself today with 4 of the 5 nuggets each being down about a foot in bedrock cracks with rocks and overburden on top.  Although this coil is hard to pinpoint with, once a target is found, it's well worth the dig.  I got one nugget out of a deep hole (had to use my pin pointer to finally find it) and started to get up and walk away; but decided to swing over the hole one last time (I usually do that anyway), and got another signal up against the bank,.....so I ended up with two nuggets out of the same hole.  All 4-of-the-5 nuggets where in separate locations throughout the lengthy-wash.  I think that I have "finally" figured-out some productive settings on this 7000:yesss:; Soooooo, the small stuff is no longer safe in their hiding places.  :brows:  Gary 

003.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 10

Great Gold Gary !!  :4chsmu1:

Some of that trash looks familiar.  I hope you're staying in your washes and out of mine....

Nice going.  Congrats !!

Luke :D

Nice gold! Glad your getting some. :) Yah, that lead is all over. Kills me when im way back in and I get that sweet Hi/Lo....and its a old 22 bullet.

But, at least you got some yellow stuff!
Tom H.

1 hour ago, Bill Southern said:

Nice gold Gary and yep the GPZ will amaze you time and time again, I gave up quoting depth because of the Minelab ruler jokes myself :head: 

Yea Bill, I learned something else about this GPZ today:  if you detect two separate washes (very slowly, and very carefully as I did today) each being at least a quarter mile long, and the "only thing" that you hear during-the-entire-search of each wash is the steady,-unobstructed sound of the Threshold; >>> And "That's-It !!," ...then those washes have been raped, pillaged, and completely de-metalized way beyond what anyone would consider them to be "Pounded-to-death!!!"  They are Freek'n-Dead.  I couldn't even find a piece of lead, nor any other metallic object ( of any size).  And Yes, I have found nugget(s) in both washes (in the past)..........Sooooooooo, if anyone out there can find these washes :brows:, You can have them :200:  Gary  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Ron said:

North or South of Vulture Peak? ... Cheers, Unc

I'm probably wrong calling the area Vulture Peak, but this may help, part of my gps track, forgive the scratched screen.. I actually just barely got across the line into those new claims, was mostly on the left side of the rr claims shown below, parked where it says truck and walked inside the green square, did a huge session on the red dirt to the right of the 16C-SW marker shown.

Trashy novel, skunky monkey!!!!!

Was the first trip on the new ATV so was more a stay within walking distance of truck in case something breaks/breaking in day.

Disregard my yellow truck line below, looking closer, I was actually parked on the next line down, to the left of the 16A-SW, just off of the claim by about 100', to the west of the big parking area.

In Google Earth, now I guess I was east of Vulture Peak.... I stayed close to the RR claims as I was just checking out the quad mainly and didn't want to take it on a long run only to have an issue it's first trip out.

Jen

20171111_204900.jpg

20171111_204314.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 9.08.23 PM.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, GDM/PV said:

Yea Bill, I learned something else about this GPZ today:  if you detect two separate washes (very slowly, and very carefully as I did today) each being at least a quarter mile long, and the "only thing" that you hear during-the-entire-search of each wash is the steady,-unobstructed sound of the Threshold; >>> And "That's-It !!," ...then those washes have been raped, pillaged, and completely de-metalized way beyond what anyone would consider them to be "Pounded-to-death!!!"  They are Freek'n-Dead.  I couldn't even find a piece of lead, nor any other metallic object ( of any size).  And Yes, I have found nugget(s) in both washes (in the past)..........Sooooooooo, if anyone out there can find these washes :brows:, You can have them :200:  Gary  

I'd be willing to 'take a stab' at it.  Whenever you're willing to let the coordinates go, send me a PM.  :brows:

:4chsmu1:

Luke

9 minutes ago, Uncle Ron said:

Holy cow! ... I'm very familiar with that area...Why the hell did anyone file claims there!?  Cheers, Unc

Well let me tell ya..... after today, I'm asking the same question. Since being down in the south, my lucks for sure been different than on Rye Patch and Gold Basin, I'm sure learning what areas to avoid so I reckon that's something. :inocent:

Edited by Guest