Nugget Shooter Forums

Day Light Savings Stuff

homefire

Well tonight we change our time from the Right time to the Wrong Time by a hour.  But don't be Fretting unless your in a smart place like Arizona and be thinking the Wrong Time is the Right Time to deal with someone in New Mexico.  But Everyone here in New Mexico will be thinking the Wrong Time is the Right Time because the Clock says so.    New Mexico came " " Close to not making the Right  Time the Wrong time last year.  ONE stupid town couldn't figure out how to leave a hour later to get to El Paso for the Right Wrong Time to get to work From a place using the Right Time.   OH, we was SO CLOSE to not messing with the Right Wrong Time thing Ever no more.   Dang, Now my body and brain are going to playing Wrong Right Sideways Time for the next two weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Going from the rght time to the wrong time doesn't brother me mearly as much as going back from the wrong time to the right time, I can handle laying in bed for another hour wide awake after sleeping for 4 hours much better than I can having to wake up after losing 1 hour of sleep, 3 hours of sleep makes me a grumpy man!!:2mo5pow:

I don;t know why they say to "spring forward" when going back to the right time, it's more like drag yourself forward!!:desertsmile:

Edit: That all being said I think the wording is incorrect in what I wrote above concerning which is the right and wrong time..... I believe that now we're on the right time instead of the wrong time, DST was brought about to gain more daylight time during the summer months, so we have more daylight in the evenings to do more stuff, in many countries it's called "Summer Time", this has been going on for so long now I had to look it up to find out for sure which was the "right" time! :89:

http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/c.html

• Haha 1

A wise old Indian once said  when asked about day lite savings " Only the white man could cut off a foot from the top of a blanket and sew it on the bottom thinking it would make it longer "

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Well My Eyes POPPED Open at the Right Time of course that now being the Wrong Time here in the land of Disenchantment. 

I lived in Az 10 some years and Really don't remember any Life Altering Drama's   involving what end of the day was good or bad.  Like the Blanket,  both ends are still there Eaa?    But what would I know?  I get up with the sun and go to bed with it too. 

• Like 1

No complaints here....   :4chsmu1:

I've never really understood it.  Much like that blanket analogy. 

But then again, I've always been here....  :Just_Cuz_06:

Luke

Well , I seem to have forgot about this part of the Wrong Right Time verses the Right Real Time continuity thing. It's Obvious who ever came up with this STUPID Idea didn't have Dogs. Our Dogs are still working with the Old Real Right Time and not the Wrong Real Right Time when it's time for the morning Pizzz Poop Fart Time thing.   :nutty:

• Haha 1

Time on the clock quit mattering when I retired as eyes open whenever they want and close the same way. Wish they'd just go one way or the other and quit the fiddln' fartn' around-John

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hoser John said:

Time on the clock quit mattering when I retired as eyes open whenever they want and close the same way. Wish they'd just go one way or the other and quit the fiddln' fartn' around-John

Yep.   The only ones their Fooling is them selves.

Well I got to work 15 minutes late and there wasn't anyone else there either, I'm wondering where the hell everyone was :89:, I unlocked the shop, sat around for a couple minutes and looked at my watch again and then it hit me, I set all the clocks at my house BUT forgot to set my wristwatch :tisk-tisk:, I woke up this morning and looked at my watch and it was way late and I wondered why my alarm didn't go off yet, surely I didn't sleep through it,  I usually wake up before it goes off, but no time to worry about that then I was in a rush to feed the animals and get to work, I was 45 minutes early!! :25r30wi:

• Haha 4